Page 47 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Thread: Cuda's Cars, v2.0

The MS3 has slightly more torque, but the Altima (in its heyday) had more power since it doesn't fall off a cliff towards redline.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Keith, I've read on The Internet that this would fix that problem with your MS3. #threadjack

Dang, I didn't know they were getting that cheap

That better top end breathing only manifests itself in objective results above 100mph.

Remember, we're talking about the Altima that's listed at 240 crank horsepower vs the MS3 that frequently makes that much at the wheels. Altimas may have been rated conservatively so as not to take away from Maxima sales, but MS3s were rated conservatively as well.

Ok, so the Altima only *felt* faster rather than being faster.

It was still more comfortable (both the seats and the ride), had more interior space, a better turning radius, better (and automatic) headlights, bigger trunk and better real-world mileage.
    Get that weak shit off my track

I'll sign off on all the rest of that. Except automatic headlights, as I have a Grand Touring package car that includes auto HIDs and wipers.

You just need a bigger turbo, Keith.

Keith, I imagine something else must have been going on with your Altima if multiple mechanics couldn't fix it. Random misfires can be caused by any number of things. And I'm pretty sure driving it for very long in this condition would start to bring on other problems. In my case the UpRev engine monitoring software was able to tell me one O2 sensor was reading outside of its intended parameters. Now, I didn't know what the paramaters should have been until I learned from the conversation in this thread. But now I know a few more things than I used to.

People say working on modern cars is tough, but I have an easier time with it than working on old cars. Better metallurgy, better design, the ability to monitor systems and perform basic tests from a home laptop... the only downside is room to work, in some cases. I may own a classic car again in the future and it sends chills down my spine thinking about the endless rust, fluid/grease seeping, carburetor tuning, electrical gremlins and corrosion, etc.

Here's part of the log from after the sensor replacement. I held RPMs around 2200 for the first part of the test (after the engine was warmed up) and then let it idle for the second part.

O2sensorlogFeb2016.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    Wait...that was it? I could have fixed the Altima by just extending some sensor wires?
    Just for clarity, I replaced one O2 sensor. The O2 sensor wires were already extended because of the headers on the car, and because the sensor showing bad readings also had some of the wiring rest on the hot header by mistake, I decided to replace all the wiring as well as the sensor itself, just to be sure. I had to make my own extension to match the old one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    You just need a bigger turbo, Keith.
    Heck, a downpipe and a reflash would have him building power almost til redline. I've got a full turboback and intake, but the biggest restriction is the downpipe.