Page 67 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast

Thread: Cuda's Cars, v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    P.S. - The Saab wagon in the photo above was left in there for you, Justin.
    Is the Lincoln Town Car in that pic for me??

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    Part of me laments the fact that I'm sure Goodyear has little to no presence in that enthusiast market (I have no actual knowledge past their disinterest in racing outside of stock cars). GET BACK ON THE HORSE AND BRING PRIDE TO OHIO!
    Goodyear's Eagle F1 Supercar 2's & 3's are still very much in the game -- but they come with a supercar price, too.

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    Goodyear's Eagle F1 Supercar 2's & 3's are still very much in the game -- but they come with a supercar price, too.
    Are they, though? That line's claim to fame was that they were the OEM tire for some very high performance cars. Now, as far as I can tell, every major performance car is using Michelins or Pirellis. Chevrolet finally moved on with the Corvette (probably assisted by the huge improvements Michelin tires brought to the race team), is Ford still using them on the upper end of the Mustang line? I understand if owners of cars from 5-10 or more years ago are still getting the OEM tire, but I don't see them getting any aftermarket conquests or current production vehicles.

*checks Tire Rack*

Ford's high end stuff (GT350, GT) are using Michelins, same model lines as the Corvettes actually, but the new Camaro ZL1 is on Goodyears. Maybe there's a glimmer of hope for the folks in Akron.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    They are like MXV4s - a tire with a big name and a big price, but a complete anachronism. The 2s were on the CTS-V and were, in a word, horrible. Compared to the contemporary Pilot Supersport - a similarly priced tire - they weren't even playing the same game.

As I remember it, Corvette Racing switched from Goodyear to Michelin after doing a tire test where the Michelins were 3 seconds faster with no other changes. They also ended up being more durable, as well.

I can believe it -- but as you said, I had also read that the ZL1 was getting the 3's, so... #shrug

Maybe if it had good tires it would be too good and steal Corvette sales?

We Corvette enthusiasts have far too strong of a sense of our impending death to buy a car with 4 seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    We Corvette enthusiasts have far too strong of a sense of our impending death to buy a car with 4 seats.
    This sums up Corvette owners far too well. Lol