Page 68 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast

Thread: Cuda's Cars, v2.0

Motorcyclists are worse
    Get that weak shit off my track

Don't you have 3 vehicles with 4 seats?

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    Is the Lincoln Town Car in that pic for me??
    Sorry, no 'Stangs or 'Cudas on that street!

Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    Don't you have 3 vehicles with 4 seats?
    Three vehicles? I think you have me confused with someone else.

For some reason, I thought Carlo said that. Lol

Carlo and I have various discussions on how we would fill a theoretical 3-car garage #forfun, and I want a house with a 3-car garage for future proofing, but I currently own a single car.
    Get that weak shit off my track

The MR2T is due for smog in a week, and the forecast was calling for rain Thurs-Sat earlier, so today I took the car out of hibernation and changed the oil. Checked my post-it in the sun visor with the last oil change written down. 4,000 miles ago, no big deal. Three years ago!? $%^# I'm a bad bad owner. Shame on me.

While the old oil was draining I treated the door and window seals with Einszett GummiPflege after deep cleaning them with Optimum Power Clean diluted 3:1 and a soft bristle toothbrush. Yes I'm now that anal weirdo using a toothbrush on his car in plain view. While I was out there I could have sworn I was in Alfred Hitchcock's Birds a few times. Swarms everywhere! They should have all flown south by now. There are a lot of mature trees in the neighborhood, which I like, but I suppose this is the downside. They bombed the car good (I was able to take cover in the garage myself!) so I decided to wash it when they went away, hoping they would't come back a 3rd time. The oil was still draining (after ~2 hours, and yeah I warmed the car up first). Then my phone alerted me that rain was now expected within an hour.

Some days it's just not that easy working in the driveway. I got it all done and got the car tucked away again before dark, and I don't think any rain actually showed up after all.

Lots more to do to the car (plenty of deep cleaning projects for one). In due time. But I gotta stop forgetting I even have it. Yikes. Out of sight, out of mind.

careful about running oil through an old filter - media can fall apart and end up leaving the case!

Not good. I always change the filter when I change the oil. There's a fresh one in there now.

Did you ever try that spray wax like you mentioned?

I haven't been back down there - we dodged on Thanksgiving but will probably head down after the first of the year. I feel really beaten up on cars right now, so that plus foul whether and I've not gotten much done here.