Page 75 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast

Thread: Cuda's Cars, v2.0

Yeah, they're size isn't ideal it's a fair trade off. I need to start ordering them in bulk. I'm tired of have 80% as many as I need.

That looks like a super install - I love electrical doodads!

The module works. It actually turned TCS off the first time I started the car - before I stored a button press in memory. Maybe I got a used unit. No matter, it functions fine.

No more annoying TCS engine kill on the street.

Nice.

Glad it worked - and happy to know about that device. I don't know what I'd use it for, but always good to know about tricky little doodads!

There's all kinds of things you can do with similar modules from KPTech. I forget them now, but someone with a G35 Coupe went crazy with all of the modules once. To me this particular TCS module is most useful, as I have no need for TCS and have not gotten in the habit of finding the button every time I start a car. Two weekends ago I co-drove a modified R35 GT-R and remembered to turn VDC off and put the trans in R-Mode -- the first time. :x

Sparco seat re-covered. This was kind of a pain. I'll probably post a write-up on a more public-oriented forum because I couldn't find some of the info I wanted going in. Luckily I figured it out without breaking anything or screwing up the fabric. Hopefully this cover last a little longer than the old one. I think the tiny metal snaps, or whatever you call them, on the sides of jean pockets rub the seat fabric getting in and out. Autox in sweatpants from now on?

While the seat was out I swapped a lower seat bracket on, which lowered the seat about 1.5". It's cool, but for reasons I haven't figured out yet the seat doesn't slide easily like it used to. It takes some heft to move it now. Hrm.

-

I wrapped a few interior pieces in vinyl: 3M 1080 Straight-CF. It's pretty cool looking stuff. I ordered a bunch of samples from MetroRestyling and this was the winner. It's thinner than Di-Noc so easier to work around tight areas (switch surrounds etc). This was all prompted by the scratched up OEM door pulls. Nissan used a cheap finish on 07-08 cars (and maybe 05-06?) that scratches off if you look at it wrong.

It was a time consuming process (since I'm a perfectionist and learned this skill on the fly) but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Photos don't really do it justice. I was afraid it might be too loud, too contrasty, but in all but direct light it's subtle enough. The texture is nice too.

It took me until now to realize the steering wheel 'leather' changed texture between '03 and '07. Or perhaps it's a trim level change I didn't know about. Either way, the newer wheel looks and feels nicer.

Between this aesthetic stuff and the BT stereo and the TCS module, the interior is starting to become a nicer place to be. Oh and I finally put the resistor in the seat airbag harness so I don't have to ignore the blinking light anymore. Now I only have to ignore the TPMS light and the TCS light and, until I go back to the stock exhaust manifolds, the CEL. Ok, that's still a lot of lights. Modern cars...

Oh! I almost forgot. Found a cool place and a neat solution for an iPod cable, too. Turns out the Pioneer CD-IU51V cable is much cheaper now than it used to be (it's $5), and I had never looked that closely before but it ends up only having to plug into the data port on the iPod - not the aux as well as I had originally assumed. The cable that's included with the Pioneer HU terminates in a USB and an Aux plug, and this iPod cable takes them and combines the signal back into one plug.

Between the wiring for the small amp, the nav cable, bt mic cable, steering wheel control interface wires, and the really long iPod cable, I had so much extra wiring behind the stereo it was a challenge to get it back in place.

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    Autox in sweatpants from now on?
    I'm sure T has some running tights you can borrow.
    Whoomah!

I wouldn't want to embarrass anyone.

Whoomah!

Looking really sharp!

That same easily scratched Nissan plastic also made its way into the 2008-2010 GT-R's when I was looking earlier this week.