Page 85 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135 ... LastLast

Thread: Cuda's Cars, v2.0

Sounds like the SE36 power steering fluid reservoir. My understanding is it's not explicitly allowed by the rules, but it's a reliability mod that also ensures PS fluid doesn't leak all over your front tire and track so the inspectors just look the other way. Obviously when building a car you can't bank on that but it's probably the most prudent interpretation of the rule book by scrutineering.

Calling someone out on something like that is what we call a "weenie protest." That said, some things can become a gray area. I tend to take it on a case by case basis. I'll run a stock CSC since they don't all seem to fail fast anymore, but I'll darn well use a load distributing bracket that's not 'technically' legal if it means I don't have to throw my rare chassis away when it inevitably rips out the mount.

As for the trans removal, I suppose I could take a page from these guys...

Or not.

long extensions and a swivels make bellhousing bolts a lot easier to get to, especially if you can loosen the motor mounts and pull down on the trans to give you a better angle. A mechanic friend once lent me his 3' extension with a 3/8" swivel built into the end but was 1/2" drive to use a bigger ratchet, that thing made quick work of the top bolts. I've never used a tranny jack, just a floor jack with a board on it for some added stability.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar

That would have been both fun and nerve-wracking to do. The good part is Silverstone is a pretty safe track with decent runoff.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Agreed, I would at least want a camera inside and a monitor

Fuck that, do it rc style

I don't really want to sell this car, even though it'd be financially wise. It's just so fun, makes a good noise, feels very connected, is a great color, and it's hard to go this fast this cheap in a modern-ish car with creature comforts and reliability. What to do.

Results are up and I even took top PAX with this car (unofficially since I ran not for points), on the tough as balls STU index... until I beat my own time by a tenth in a friend's Evo (same class). For those who don't know PAX, it's a multiplier so you can compare theoretical performance across different classes. I never get top PAX at these events - too many great drivers in stupid fast cars on slicks on courses that favor big power. This past Saturday's course didn't place such an emphasis on power.

The clutch is feeling a little better than before, it seems like. Wonder if it was glazed or something. It's still not amazing but feels less mushy than it has recently.
    Last edited by CudaMan; October 23rd, 2017 at 10:08 AM.

Maybe you just need a fluid change and cooler temps are helping?

I flushed the clutch fluid earlier this year with ATE SuperBlue.