Page 389 of 501 FirstFirst ... 289339379387388389390391399439489 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,890 of 5008

Thread: What are you watching?

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    We're into Season 2. I'm satisfied that my sample size is large enough to qualify my opinion.

"One funny scene." I'm not spending my day pulling out clips for you.

I'm not sure what you're even saying. You're using definitive labels but also asking people to view the show subjectively. And you're criticizing the position of two posters that said they don't watch the show because they didn't like the tone; the tone you're claiming the show definitively has.

Seems like you're just upset not everyone puts your favorite show on a pedestal. That's fine. This is art, not science. But don't expect everyone to change their minds because you like it a lot.
    All I’m saying is it’s not a comedy. Not sure where you got the rest from, but that’s fine.

This is why I said to lower expectations, if you see BB as a comedy, frankly it's not the best comedy out there and will not at all live up to expectations.

If you see it as a drama that happens to have some dark humor in it, then I think the show holds up better.

But like Nate said, it's all subjective.

Dexter did a pretty good job of balancing darkness with levity. That's kind of what I thought it would be. That said, BB was AMC and Dexter was Showtime so the production requirements were very different.

If a show calls itself BAD, then perhaps it's really really BAD?

Anyway, back to Loki!

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    I finished Loki as well and was entirely satisfied with the series. It’s the first time I’d ever watched a show and genuinely thought that it was longer than it actually was. Going through the previous episodes in the menu on Disney+ I was thinking, so *this* happened in episode 4, and… wait, what? Episode 2?!?!?

There was so much stuff packed into every episode that 6 actually felt like 12.

I really loved Owen Wilson in the show. He’s a loveable guy anyway but this role was perfect for him. Wow! And the two female lead characters Sylvie and Ravonna threatened to steal every scene they were in.

Plus a lot of really cool callbacks to not just the MCU, but to the wider Marvel Comics universe and some real life urban myths. Game of Polybius, anyone?
    Very rarely I share the same sentiments as RWA! However, I'm not really all that familiar with the Marvel universe though..., but the show far exceeded my expectations!

So far, Mandalorian and Loki really impressed! I wish the same writers worked on the last 3 sequel trilogies...

BTW, I haven't watched Wanda Vision yet. Is that really good as well?

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Wandavision is VERY unique and excellent...it does take a couple of episodes before you start to understand things, but it keeps you guessing plus it's an important buildup to future movies, so definitely recommend watching it

Thanks for the tip, I will give Wanda my vision then!

It’s Wednesday and no Loki today. Anyone else feeling some withdrawal? It was such a great series. I would look forward to it every week.

Yep. Some withdrawal feelings when I finished the Expanse, Mandalorian and now Loki...

Watched the latest episode of Dark Side of the Ring, focusing on the Dynamite Kid. Sad stuff.

Officially the most bizarre thing I've watched in 2021.

"We are Lady Parts".

Six episode TV Comedy about an all female, all Muslim, punk rock band, in East London.

So very good. I missed so very many of the jokes due to only speaking English, but it's friggen hilarious, and the characters are so good!