Page 234 of 501 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284334 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 5001

Thread: What are you watching?

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Are you familiar with the books? Just beware that the first few movies are a bit shaky (its a kids film with kid actors in it) but it really picks up its stride at around the 4th film and gets better and better from there.
    Never read any of the books, but I still want to give the movies a chance.

I never read the books.

Found the movies utterly boring though. Way too "childish", so I really didn't engage with them at all. I didn't care about any of the protagonists, so was unphased by the imagined perils they found themselves in.

Haven't read them, either, and I have this weird aversion to British children. I LOVE British tv/movies/books, and adult British accents are great (especially women)... But for some reason I'll spend an entire movie of British kids talking with a permanent cringe on my face. I have no idea why.

So yeah, I was forced to try watching some of the earlier Potter movies and couldn't stand them. But the last three, where the kids are now basically adults, and shit gets serious and gritty and dramatic, I thought were quite well done.

Re-watching the first season of 13 Reasons Why before I start on the second season.

Junior Potato
    If you guys wanted to get really engaged with the Hogwarts universe, then avoid watching the first four Harry Potter movies until you’ve read the books. The printed version of the story became popular for a very good reason, and that’s because the books are literally a joy to read. They’ll suck you in.

The early films are like something you have to endure before you get to the good bits. But if you’re a fan of the franchise they’re an easy watch and you’ll find yourself marathoning right through the whole series.

Saw Solo this morning. Oof. Pretty underwhelming. Best thing I can say about it is that it makes me curious as to how the original directors movie would've turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    Re-watching the first season of 13 Reasons Why before I start on the second season.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one watching this series.

Yeah it's a great series. Almost done the re-watching the first season, then onto the second.

I just finished season 2 last night.

Oh, darn.