Page 227 of 501 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237277327 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 5001

Thread: What are you watching?

Got our tickets for Avengers: Infinity War! So excited!!

Next Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_SS View Post
    Wind River: Really really really good movie with Jeremy Renner being a reluctant badass.
    Finally got around to watching it. Renner's best performance since American Hustle. Jon Bernthal killed it in his role. I also want to see Sweet Virginia, another Bernthal movie that went under the radar last year.

Started rewatching MCU movies this week, in preparation for Infinity War. Finished Phase One, onto Phase Two tonight. Skipped Incredible Hulk. I'll probably skip Ant-Man, Spider-Man and the second Thor movie as well.

Isle of Dogs was wonderfully wacky.

Ash liked it.

Saw a critic panned it as 'a movie by Wes Anderson that only Wes Anderson would like' but every real person I've heard that has seen it really liked it.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    is it stop-motion animation?

Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    Started rewatching MCU movies this week, in preparation for Infinity War. Finished Phase One, onto Phase Two tonight. Skipped Incredible Hulk. I'll probably skip Ant-Man, Spider-Man and the second Thor movie as well.
    Want to hold off on Infinity War for another year so I can watch them back-to-back to avoid forgetting everything but the major plot points, then I'll plan to catch up on Civil War, Fraggle Rock, Black Panther ...
    Although I'm hearing a few characters may be killed off (guessing it could be anyone but Spidey and Black Panther), so a year of avoiding spoilers is not going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    is it stop-motion animation?
    Yes.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Ugh. I've decided over the years that I really can't watch stop-motion animation, it just isn't appealing at all to me.

It's not CGI but it gives me a very uncanny valley feel I guess.

Saw Rampage with my daughter on Sunday. It was a pretty cool action movie, I guess. She liked it and I was entertained. There were a lot of kids in the theatre, and that brings me to this:

I realize this is old-man griping at it's finest, but back in my day (*shakes cane at audience*), "popular" films didn't have so much profanity - or any profanity. Ready Player One had some cursing, and Rampage had lots of it, but I don't see why any of it was necessary. They could have made the same movies with the same dialogue, minus all the cursing, and the movies would have been just as good as they were. Better, even, since I wouldn't have cringed and felt like a bad parent every time someone peppered their speech with profanity that really wasn't needed. Come on, it's a silly monster movie.

Okay, I'm done now. Now where did I put my spats?