Page 408 of 417 FirstFirst ... 308358398406407408409410 ... LastLast
Results 4,071 to 4,080 of 4166

Thread: What are you watching?

How is Renner? He has has always been hit and miss for me. The only thing that I've loved him in was American Hustle.

Finally started watching Ted Lasso as I was trying to think of something that none of us had seen over Thanksgiving and that I'd heard was good.

I love this show, and I'm mad that nobody told me that Giles from Buffy is in it.

My dad, who famously hates all TV and movies not made before 1965 loved it too.

Quote Originally Posted by speedpimp View Post
    How is Renner? He has has always been hit and miss for me. The only thing that I've loved him in was American Hustle.
    He's alright, working decently in his lane - kind of put upon and wry. Steinfeld is the real draw in my mind.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Last season of Hanna was great. Wrapped it up quite nicely.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I was not aware that Natalie Wood needed to be remade.
    acket.

Speaking of remakes, I was at the library Sunday afternoon with my daughter and saw the movie Papillon in the DVD & Blu-Ray section. It was turned to face out so the cover showed as they do in libraries and bookstores to highlight certain titles, break up the wall of spines on every shelf, and/or to help fill empty shelf space.

I did a double-take because there were two young guys on the cover who looked a little like McQueen & Hoffman but something was off. Yup. New movie.

That said, I might just pick it up the next time I'm there. I read the book in the late '80s and I remember it being very good in an unpleasant and even gruesome kind of way, sort of like a Tarantino movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I love this show, and I'm mad that nobody told me that Giles from Buffy is in it.
    Playing a character called... Rupert!!

He does play a great smarmy bastard.

I know! I have to guess that somebody on the staff is a Buffy fan, and super happy to see him in something again.

The Six Million Dollar Man is killin' it this morning.

Minor commentary behind spoiler tags out of respect for those who don't want to read this crap.

Spoiler:
    In our first episode, William Shatner pretty much played the Gary Mitchell character in the second Star Trek pilot called "Where No Man Has Gone Before." It was a tour de force of Shatner's acting style, for better and for worse. Points of interest included Shatner's hairpiece, track suit, ability to communicate with dolphins, and Steve Austin going to a senior government official (not Oscar) to ask if Shatner's character, Steve's fellow astronaut and old friend, could be sent into space along with a dolphin.

I didn't watch every minute of the episode, but apparently the dolphins had some connection to space. Perhaps they had to reply to a probe from their home planet or something. The icing on the cake was modern-day William Shatner appearing during commercial breaks to advertise some kind of Medicare insurance scheme aimed at the elderly. "Get all the benefits you deserve. Call now. It's free!"

In the second episode, which I saw even less of, guest star George Takei and Steve parachuted into mountainous country where Steve's father had piloted a plane during WWII close to the Chinese border before crashing. A recent avalanche had allowed a "weather" (yeah, right) satellite to find the crash site, and Steve was sent in to recover important papers thought to be aboard and I assume to discover things about his father, whom he never knew.

Upon landing, the two were met with a squad of riders that the wardrobe department had dressed as Genghis P. Khan himself with his original posse. I wasn't able to see much of this one, but when I returned near the end, Steve was on foot fighting the horsemen who had swords but not the bows for which the Mongols are famous. More than one bionic flying leap was employed to dispatch he cavalry, who naturally all became unconscious immediately upon falling or being knocked off their horses. I wasn't sure if time travel was involved here, or if Chinese border guards in the 1970s preferred traditional accoutrements.

I wonder which Star Trek alumni might appear next. Within the last couple of weeks, I've seen Robert Walker Jr. ("Charlie X") and, speaking of Fu Manchu moustaches, John Colicos, who I just learned reprised his role as the first Klingon to appear in the original series in three episodes of Deep Space Nine.