Page 233 of 500 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283333 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 5000

Thread: What are you watching?

And Fox has announced that it picked up Tim Allen's Last Man Standing, which had been canceled by ABC.

According to Dan Goor, B99 creator, Fox basically said we don't give a damn how well it performs on streaming and +7, only live ratings.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Fox canceled two shows with bi-sexual couples, and picked up a conservative comic's "blue collar" sitcom.

And NBC has already saved Brooklyn 99!

https://twitter.com/djgoor/status/995151763123531776

Saw Deadpool 2 this morning. Worth every minute of it. Laughed my ass off.

Marvel Agents of SHIELD finally ended this season. Meh. They could have written way better scenes and dialogues around a passable plot which felt worse than it could have been.

Junior Potato
    I watched Altered Carbon. It was meh as fuck, but had plenty of boobs and whatnot to balance out it’s mediocrity.

I quit Altered Carbon right in the middle, it just lost my interest.

Been thinking of watching the Harry Potter movies. Haven’t seen a single one. I need to open my mind and see what it’s all about.

Seems like actual fans of shows have a much bigger say these days of streaming content. Kinda makes sense. SyFy getting a few thousand extra views in broadcast ratings isn't as good for them as a subscription based platform getting the same number of subscribers. Kinda like why we saw all the good, high quality, expensive stuff on HBO and Showtime for so long. Though Amazon is kinda different, with the whole prime thing, but anyway... I thought Netflix would surely pick it up with their big sci-fi push lately.

Amazon in talks to pick up The Expanse

Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    Seems like actual fans of shows have a much bigger say these days of streaming content. Kinda makes sense. SyFy getting a few thousand extra views in broadcast ratings isn't as good for them as a subscription based platform getting the same number of subscribers. Kinda like why we saw all the good, high quality, expensive stuff on HBO and Showtime for so long. Though Amazon is kinda different, with the whole prime thing, but anyway... I thought Netflix would surely pick it up with their big sci-fi push lately.

Amazon in talks to pick up The Expanse
    Great news! Apparently Netflix passed on it relatively quickly which is strange. They market it as a Netflix original in most foreign countries when it's anything but.

Yeah, basically I guess Netflix just slaps that "Original" tag on anything they own the rights to at the time and place.

When they picked up Arrested Development for a 4th season (way before it was released, btw), they slapped that Netflix Original intro on season 1-3.

Oh, and speaking of A.D., season 5 trailer was released, and the season will be released next week. They also recently replaced Season 4 with a remixed version of chronological episodes, rather than the character focused ones as it was originally released. The original ones can still be watched though.
    Last edited by Freude am Fahren; May 21st, 2018 at 05:18 PM.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    Been thinking of watching the Harry Potter movies. Haven’t seen a single one. I need to open my mind and see what it’s all about.
    Are you familiar with the books? Just beware that the first few movies are a bit shaky (its a kids film with kid actors in it) but it really picks up its stride at around the 4th film and gets better and better from there.