Page 229 of 499 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231239279329 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 4989

Thread: What are you watching?

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Interesting, but there's a scene in one of the Infinity War trailers that wasn't in the movie:

Spoiler:

The one with Cap running with the Wakandans and Hulk is behind them, but we know Hulk never comes out during that timeframe, so I wonder if that was a last minute change, or if we're somehow seeing a scene from the next movie? (Seriously doubt it)

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    Interesting, but there's a scene in one of the Infinity War trailers that wasn't in the movie:

Spoiler:

The one with Cap running with the Wakandans and Hulk is behind them, but we know Hulk never comes out during that timeframe, so I wonder if that was a last minute change, or if we're somehow seeing a scene from the next movie? (Seriously doubt it)
    it can't be because
    Spoiler:
    Several characters in shot have 'died' (it's believed they're in the Soul Stone rather than being completely dead). I think it was just subterfuge by Marvel.

Saw Avengers: Infinity War and was completely blown away. Wow, just wow. Easily the best super hero movie of all time.

I’ll get into my pros and cons down below, but one con that doesn’t need a spoiler tag is my disdain for some of these so-called movie critics, and their fucked up reviews of the film. Some of them are so pompous and arrogant, and so petty. I swear I want to punch them in their collective faces...but everyone has a right to their opinion, so whatever.

Doesn’t change my opinion on the film one iota.

So...

Spoiler:

Pros:
    - Loki’s death. It was so moving, I actually felt a wave of sadness come over me. It felt like the end of an era, as his presence was always felt in a lot of the Marvel movies, starting with the first Thor. He was a common thread, as either the main villain or via his scepter. There was always a bit of Loki in everything. His death had a sense of finality to it, and he will be missed.
    - Gamora’s death was a little less moving, but it still kind of hurt.
    - Vision’s death after Thanos ripped the Mind Stone out of his forehead was priceless. I especially loved how he just tossed him to the side, like he was a piece of garbage.
    - Red Skull was a “holy shit” moment, for sure. I read afterwards that it was a different actor that played him, as Hugo Weaving wasn’t interested in reprising the role. Made no difference to me, (I didn’t even notice), as the new guy filled in quite nicely.
    - The mystery of the Soul Stone was done really well, even though it throws a monkey wrench into the fan theory of it being associated with the letter “H”. I guess the internet is not too happy about that.
    - Hulk vs Thanos fight at the beginning was intense. Showed Thanos as the badass he truly is. I know he had the Power Stone at the time, so that helped him a lot, but even without it I’d wager he’d be even money against the Hulkster.
    - Black Order lived up to expectations, especially Ebony Maw. I wish they hadn’t killed him off so easily.
    - T’Challa’s death via disintegration was great. It opens the door to Shuri becoming the next Black Panther, at least for Avengers 4. I suspect T’Challa will be back in time for the next BP movie.
    - After credits scene with Nick Fury uttering “motherfu-“ was pure gold!
    - Finally, the characterization of Thanos himself was what really made this movie truly enjoyable for me. I was always worried that they’d make him a simple overpowered brute, who just wanted to kill for the sake of killing. I’m really glad they portrayed him to be a multifaceted and multidimensional villain, who had a plausible motivation for doing what he was doing, even though he was probably truly mad, hence the Mad Titan. It all fit together nicely.

Cons:
    - No reconciliation between Captain America and Iron Man. They don’t even share a single scene. I was so sure that Cap would die, and probably in Tony’s arms, but I guess they'll save that for the next movie. I suspect he and Stark will finally reconcile, and he’ll finally yell the words “Avengers Assemble!”
    - Minor complaint, and this is a fanboy thing, but the lack of energy blasts from Thanos kind of irked me. Too much punching, not enough blasting. In the comics, Thanos has the ability to synthesize enormous amounts of cosmic energy and shoots energy beams from his hands and eyes, similar to the Silver Surfer. Whatever energy attacks he used in this movie were exclusively from the Gauntlet, the rest of his attacks were hand-to-hand. Oh well, can’t have everything you want.
    - Uhh...can’t think of any other complaints. Honestly.
    This movie was so epic on so many levels. Can’t recommend it enough!

Infinity War and sequel speculation:

Spoiler:
    In the comics Thanos was infatuated with Death romatically which causes him to do all this stuff. I'm glad they didn't go this route because it wouldn't make a lot of sense on the big screen.

However, I got some very 'Death' vibes from Gamora in the last scene of the movie. Some people online pointed out that the sky was yellow/orange in that last scene where Thanos was sitting on the stairs. The rumor is that he is inside the Soul Stone which makes sense that Gamora is there too because she died for it. My guess is Gamora becomes Death and Thanos spends the next movie trying to impress her as a father trying to get his daughter back.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Spoiler:
    so you're saying that maybe Thanos will decide to try to kill the rest of everyone next, because he'll fall in love with Death, (apparently the way the comics have it written from what I've heard)?

Saw Infinity War. Fantastic movie! It's got me thinking about all of the previous movies before it and what might come next...
    Spoiler:
    Just remember that in every scene that we have seen Nick Fury appear in the past 10 years of film... he's always had that pager in his pocket and has never pushed the button until now. Talk about restraint... but also maybe he saw this outcome coming... and was always preparing for it!

Also...

Quote Originally Posted by DelSolMan View Post
    Infinity War and sequel speculation:

Spoiler:
    In the comics Thanos was infatuated with Death romatically which causes him to do all this stuff. I'm glad they didn't go this route because it wouldn't make a lot of sense on the big screen.

However, I got some very 'Death' vibes from Gamora in the last scene of the movie. Some people online pointed out that the sky was yellow/orange in that last scene where Thanos was sitting on the stairs. The rumor is that he is inside the Soul Stone which makes sense that Gamora is there too because she died for it. My guess is Gamora becomes Death and Thanos spends the next movie trying to impress her as a father trying to get his daughter back.
    Spoiler:
    Interesting theory. I too got a sense of Death from the little girl Gamora. In the comics Death appears in the form of a woman, but sometimes as a little girl too.

I think it'll all play into Thanos feeling unworthy of having godlike power, and subconsciously allowing himself to be beaten.
    Spoiler:
    That's how it sort of ended in the Infinity Gauntlet comic.
    Thanos is one of those rare villains who always seems to win, yet always finds a way to lose, most often by giving up the power. It's a bit of a cop out, but bad guys have to lose in the end.

I was completely underwhelmed, and had relegated it to the mindless drivel of "explosions, fights and racing" that makes typical blockbusters, but I don't follow the stories and haven't seen any of the "prequels" to this outside of Black Panther.
    Your post changes my view of it somewhat, as obviously there is so much more of the backstory that i'm completely ignorant about. It atually makes me want to see the other movies but that's a lot of investment (timewise,) even with a MoviePass, Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    Saw Avengers: Infinity War and was completely blown away. Wow, just wow. Easily the best super hero movie of all time.

I’ll get into my pros and cons down below, but one con that doesn’t need a spoiler tag is my disdain for some of these so-called movie critics, and their fucked up reviews of the film. Some of them are so pompous and arrogant, and so petty. I swear I want to punch them in their collective faces...but everyone has a right to their opinion, so whatever.

Doesn’t change my opinion on the film one iota.

So...

Spoiler:

Pros:
    - Loki’s death. It was so moving, I actually felt a wave of sadness come over me. It felt like the end of an era, as his presence was always felt in a lot of the Marvel movies, starting with the first Thor. He was a common thread, as either the main villain or via his scepter. There was always a bit of Loki in everything. His death had a sense of finality to it, and he will be missed.
    - Gamora’s death was a little less moving, but it still kind of hurt.
    - Vision’s death after Thanos ripped the Mind Stone out of his forehead was priceless. I especially loved how he just tossed him to the side, like he was a piece of garbage.
    - Red Skull was a “holy shit” moment, for sure. I read afterwards that it was a different actor that played him, as Hugo Weaving wasn’t interested in reprising the role. Made no difference to me, (I didn’t even notice), as the new guy filled in quite nicely.
    - The mystery of the Soul Stone was done really well, even though it throws a monkey wrench into the fan theory of it being associated with the letter “H”. I guess the internet is not too happy about that.
    - Hulk vs Thanos fight at the beginning was intense. Showed Thanos as the badass he truly is. I know he had the Power Stone at the time, so that helped him a lot, but even without it I’d wager he’d be even money against the Hulkster.
    - Black Order lived up to expectations, especially Ebony Maw. I wish they hadn’t killed him off so easily.
    - T’Challa’s death via disintegration was great. It opens the door to Shuri becoming the next Black Panther, at least for Avengers 4. I suspect T’Challa will be back in time for the next BP movie.
    - After credits scene with Nick Fury uttering “motherfu-“ was pure gold!
    - Finally, the characterization of Thanos himself was what really made this movie truly enjoyable for me. I was always worried that they’d make him a simple overpowered brute, who just wanted to kill for the sake of killing. I’m really glad they portrayed him to be a multifaceted and multidimensional villain, who had a plausible motivation for doing what he was doing, even though he was probably truly mad, hence the Mad Titan. It all fit together nicely.

Cons:
    - No reconciliation between Captain America and Iron Man. They don’t even share a single scene. I was so sure that Cap would die, and probably in Tony’s arms, but I guess they'll save that for the next movie. I suspect he and Stark will finally reconcile, and he’ll finally yell the words “Avengers Assemble!”
    - Minor complaint, and this is a fanboy thing, but the lack of energy blasts from Thanos kind of irked me. Too much punching, not enough blasting. In the comics, Thanos has the ability to synthesize enormous amounts of cosmic energy and shoots energy beams from his hands and eyes, similar to the Silver Surfer. Whatever energy attacks he used in this movie were exclusively from the Gauntlet, the rest of his attacks were hand-to-hand. Oh well, can’t have everything you want.
    - Uhh...can’t think of any other complaints. Honestly.
    This movie was so epic on so many levels. Can’t recommend it enough!

The movie makes a lot more sense, and has a lot more emotional connection if you've been following along with the MCU at least somewhat over the years. As a standalone movie, without any other MCU knowledge, Black Panther is better. So it really just depends on the viewer.

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    I was completely underwhelmed, and had relegated it to the mindless drivel of "explosions, fights and racing" that makes typical blockbusters, but I don't follow the stories and haven't seen any of the "prequels" to this outside of Black Panther.
    Your post changes my view of it somewhat, as obviously there is so much more of the backstory that i'm completely ignorant about. It atually makes me want to see the other movies but that's a lot of investment (timewise,) even with a MoviePass, Netflix and Amazon Prime.
    I’d have to strongly recommend making the investment. You could get through them all in two weeks if you watched one per day, and a little more on the weekends.

It’s a great universe. Easy to get hooked.