Page 216 of 499 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226266316 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 4989

Thread: What are you watching?

We're living in a future where 1950's science fiction promises are coming to life....

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar

Altered Carbon. Up to episode 8

Spoiler:
    I really don't like the crazy incestuous sister thing. Maybe it just because they don't give her character enough development or motivation for it. Maybe it's because I think the actress is really hot. Seems too forced. Anyone read the book and have a comparison?
    Last edited by Freude am Fahren; February 7th, 2018 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    Altered Carbon. Up to episode 8

Spoiler:
    I really don't like the crazy incestuous sister thing. Maybe it just because they don't give her character enough development or motivation for it. Maybe it's because I think the actress is really hot. Seems too forced. Anyone read the book and have a comparison?
    Finished all of the episodes. Spoiler below is related only to FaFs above Spoiler

Spoiler:
    Yeah, that had me wondering exactly who the woman was in the first episode in the hotel was. Especially after they showed the sister had multiple sleeves she used.

Watched all three Cloverfield movies.

All three were great, but...
    Spoiler:
    ...the disconnect between them was sort of bothersome. It's clear the sequels are not really about the monster(s) at all, as zero light is shed on who or what they are. Individually these movies are great, but as a series not so much.

Spoiler:
    Kaiju.

Watched the first episode of Altered Carbon. I wasn't too crazy about it, even though I really like the lead actor, Joel Kinnaman, who was great in The Killing. Trying to decide if I should continue on with the next episode.

In the meantime, I watched The Whole Truth with Keanu Reeves. It had a pretty good buildup, but with a pretty shitty payoff.

I'd suggest you keep watching. It just seems to build momentum nicely - or at least, it does up to Episode 8, which is where I've watched to.

Saw Black Panther last night...

Spoiler:
    ...and is it really my place to say anything?

First off, it's beautiful, absolutely beautiful. I'm going to take their designs as culturally accurate and valid, seeing as there was a Disney Culture Team listed in the movie credits. Kudos to my theater for absolute nobody cracking a laugh over lip plates, ear plugs, neck rings, etc.

It's also stoic. Not gonna say overly serious (tho' far more serious than Thor: Ragnarok) but definitely a return to the serious Comic Book Movie. The main plot isn't hard to follow but there is a lot of noise from the other sub-plots, so much so that can they really be called sub-plots? Co-plots it feels like, that blend together to make one fully integrated plot resolution at the end.

I tend to agree with the folks that say the CGI wasn't great. Think the fight between Neo & Agent Smith in Matrix: Revolutions. Rubbery at times. Integration of the anti-grav ships seemed a touch off with the environments as well.

But my #1 source of discomfort was really just the pacing/editing/tempo of the movie. With no rhythm it just became a long-ass movie. So ultimately Black Panther slips in my sights to a touch disappointing 8 (a disappointing 8?? #expectations) out 10.