Page 196 of 501 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206246296 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 5001

Thread: What are you watching?

Sweet merciful Fates! Blade Runner 2049 is absolutely b0mbing out.

While I am a devout fan of the original, I have yet to see this one. Maybe in two weeks at the cheapies...

Love it, looks great -- and fantastic continued use of "One" by Metallica.

Unfortunately do not expect this to be the show's theme music. I was really disappointed when Nirvana's "Come As You Are" wasn't the theme music for Marvel's The Defenders and only used in the trailers.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I binge watched Season 2 of Stranger Things....felt like a great second season and didn't really have any fall off from the first season and I hope we don't have to wait another year for the third season (Duffer Bros. said there will be a total of 4 seasons which seems like a good amount).

Not really a spoiler, but one episode really seemed to be a throw away...

Spoiler:
    ep 7 when eleven goes to Chicago...they could have removed it completely and still had practically no plot holes. I suppose it just feels out of place in a show with only 9 episodes. If this was a regular 12 or more episode season, we'd come to expect some throw-away eps.the other girl, #8 whatever her name was, never even left her gang to help eleven as I thought she might.......but maybe she'll be back in another season. Also, for anyone who ever watched this other show, it felt a bit like "Dark Angel"

I think the primary utility of that plot thread lies in the structure of the show...
    Spoiler:
    The show runners needed to keep 11 separate from the rest of the characters so that her reappearance in the next-to-last episode would have have greater impact. It would have been dumb to have her just sitting in the cabin in the woods for nearly the whole show, so she needed something to do - because if you've got a character sitting around and doing nothing, the audience is sitting there thinking "Why isn't 11 here? Is she just watching tv?" But, if you've established that she's gone out of town to hang out with a gang from the Warriors, she is narratively very firmly divided from the other characters and "can't" just show up and give all the demodogs aneurysms. Then, when she shows up its a bigger moment.

Further, there's some Joseph Campbell hero's journey reasoning that says she can't get more powerful hanging out watching soap operas and eating tv dinners.

Plus, There's the episode-to-episode dramatic arc - Ep 6 ends with the demodogs climbing up the well shaft so you've got ***BIG DRAMATIC EXCITEMENT POTENTIAL*** The best way to heighten this is to make the audience wait and show them something that they are *ideally* just as interested in and that they've been waiting for - "Where's 11 during all this?" It sort of allows you to kill two birds with one stone.

Finally, I think we can probably assume they've got something lined up for 8 the future seasons, even if it's only dying dramatically to show that there's a big threat out there somewhere.

Anyway, best part was Steve/Dustin team-up and hair care tips.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshInKC View Post
    I think the primary utility of that plot thread lies in the structure of the show...
    Spoiler:
    The show runners needed to keep 11 separate from the rest of the characters so that her reappearance in the next-to-last episode would have have greater impact. It would have been dumb to have her just sitting in the cabin in the woods for nearly the whole show, so she needed something to do - because if you've got a character sitting around and doing nothing, the audience is sitting there thinking "Why isn't 11 here? Is she just watching tv?" But, if you've established that she's gone out of town to hang out with a gang from the Warriors, she is narratively very firmly divided from the other characters and "can't" just show up and give all the demodogs aneurysms. Then, when she shows up its a bigger moment.

Further, there's some Joseph Campbell hero's journey reasoning that says she can't get more powerful hanging out watching soap operas and eating tv dinners.

Plus, There's the episode-to-episode dramatic arc - Ep 6 ends with the demodogs climbing up the well shaft so you've got ***BIG DRAMATIC EXCITEMENT POTENTIAL*** The best way to heighten this is to make the audience wait and show them something that they are *ideally* just as interested in and that they've been waiting for - "Where's 11 during all this?" It sort of allows you to kill two birds with one stone.

Finally, I think we can probably assume they've got something lined up for 8 the future seasons, even if it's only dying dramatically to show that there's a big threat out there somewhere.

Anyway, best part was Steve/Dustin team-up and hair care tips.
    Point taken

I haven't started season two of Stranger Things yet.

Still re-watching the first season to review. Got sidetracked halfway thru. Hope to finish it tonight, then check out the new season.

Watched Thor movie.

Fricken hilarious. Though it is made by a Kiwi, so has very Kiwi sense of humour about it. Will be interesting to see how well it goes down on the global market.

Packed full of NZ actors too.

Yeah, Thor Ragnarok was pretty awesome, I thought.

Hmm, that Punisher show looks like it might be a little violent at times...