Page 211 of 499 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221261311 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 4989

Thread: What are you watching?

Time travel is just one of those core dreams of humanity.

Re: Travelers on Netflix

Spoiler:
    In Travelers case, the entire show is about time travelers. I find it interesting in the sense that they're not sending anything material back in time, just data.
    Travelers is definitely one of those shows where you have to like the ensemble cast & concept. It's kinda tough to proselytize about IMO because it unfolds slowly with actors who aren't necessarily the most "instantly magnetic" group of people to watch. But Eric McCormack is definitely good here (he of Will & Grace fame) and is certainly playing a different type of guy.

It's basically a Canadian show being made jointly between Netflix & Showcase Originals, which includes shows like Haven, Mr Robot, Runaways and Supergirl. So it's not like it doesn't have quality, money and support behind it -- here's hoping we'll see a Season 3 even in the face of the return of Will & Grace.

EDIT: Also the showrunner is Brad Wright of Stargate fame, FWIW.

Also-also, in case it wasn't clear I do like this cast -- I enjoy this group better than the Agents of Shield crew, actually.
    Last edited by novicius; January 15th, 2018 at 05:17 AM.

Too many "also" (alsoes?) to end that last post or does Also-also = 0 alsoes?

Just easier to keep throwing things into the same post, I find.

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    ...here's hoping we'll see a [Travelers] Season 3 even in the face of the return of Will & Grace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddit AMA
    EricMcCormack[S] 14 points 26 days ago

Honestly, my dream right now is to keep the crazy combo of Travelers and W&G going for a while. Really happy camper. My dream for years was to play Freddie Mercury but, alas...
    This is about the most recent declaration I can find so that's good.

4 episodes into the latest season of Black Mirror (4). It's a let down so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    I was saying to novi the other day when a show introduces time travel it has jumped the shark. The latest season of Agents Of Shield starts with the team 70 years in the future. It has been out for a couple of months already, but I only just startied watching.
    Actually it is pretty contemporary, so much that I'm watching them as they come out.
    Anyhow, it is weird... and full of silly and meh moments. Feels like they have gone back to the lacklustre scripts and locations of the first season.
    Hopefully they will move forward from this... it really looks pants.

Youtube.

Critical Role, new season.

It's "nerdy ass voice actors playing Dungeons and Dragons" by their own description.

With something insane like 140 4 hour episodes in their first story arc (over three years), this is probably weirdly, the media that I am most invested in.

Watching Better Call Saul. Just started the second season. I’d lost interest in this series for some reason a couple of years ago and didn’t bother to watch the second season. Had to rewatch the first season, as I had forgotten quite a bit. Pretty good stuff.

I do not often just sit down and watch TV for extended periods, but I watched more stuff today than in the last six months combined. I just felt like doing nothing today.

Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    Watching Better Call Saul. Just started the second season. I’d lost interest in this series for some reason a couple of years ago and didn’t bother to watch the second season. Had to rewatch the first season, as I had forgotten quite a bit. Pretty good stuff.
    Super slow burn at times, but goddamn if it's not the show on TV the last little while. Stick with it.

Related: Altered Carbon starts on Netflix soon. Eagerly anticipating that.

Checked out the first episode of:

-American Gods
    -Handmaid's Tale
    -Ash vs The Evil Dead

All three are going to get a series watch from me