Page 324 of 499 FirstFirst ... 224274314322323324325326334374424 ... LastLast
Results 3,231 to 3,240 of 4989

Thread: What are you watching?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    I cringed at the trailer for that. I knew I did not want to watch it.
    Seriously. Guy's racing Daytona Prototypes, then one day a guy from Ferrari shows up and lets him drive a road-going 488 and he's like "This is the greatest car I've ever driven". *stabstabstab*

Watched The Purge and The Purge Anarchy. Both were pretty good, but the second was much better. They took Election Year off Netflix so I gotta find it somewhere else.

Also watched a few episodes of The Toys That Made Us. Transformers, Wrestling and TMNT. Good stuff. Nice trip down memory lane.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    The fucking Irishman is a goddamn masterpiece, I'm telling youse.
    acket.

Three episodes into season 4 of The Expanse...amazing as always.

Just starting the first Episode of Season 4. Excite.

Just finished season 2 of Jack Ryan. I like it, but I also kinda hate that I like it. This recent season was good if your suspension of disbelief is strong. Noomi Rapace is always so good.

Apparently though, season 2 was originally planned to be a reboot/revisit of sorts to The Hunt for Red October. I'm glad they didn't do that because no one should ever touch such a masterpiece. However, plot-wise it would have been better than this Venezuela stuff.

Finished Expanse...wow! More please.

Amos has the best lines of the show. Followed by Bobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    Just finished season 2 of Jack Ryan. I like it, but I also kinda hate that I like it. This recent season was good if your suspension of disbelief is strong. Noomi Rapace is always so good.

Apparently though, season 2 was originally planned to be a reboot/revisit of sorts to The Hunt for Red October. I'm glad they didn't do that because no one should ever touch such a masterpiece. However, plot-wise it would have been better than this Venezuela stuff.
    Man, that show... I was willing to go with the first season to a point, probably in part because I've become inured to a certain amount of islamophobia, and in part because they did a little work on developing the villain and giving him a motivation.
    The second season, otoh - Holy shit is it american imperialism propaganda. "It's cool that we're literally invading a sovereign foreign nation because this dude has a hunch. Oh, and btw, its during this nation's election - Yeah, we're absolutely killing a whole bunch of dudes, including a few completely unarmed civilians who we don't give even a second of screen time to, why do you ask?"
    Spoiler:
    "Oh yeah - and we're definitely landing a helicopter on the roof and invading the presidential palace during a banquet on election day. Uh-huh, killing ALL the guards."

It is a pretty competently made series, but the politics are an absolute nightmare.
    Almost forgot - They did a really good job of portraying the US's history of getting all up in the business of latin america especially when
    Spoiler:
    the CIA hires a bunch of international mercenaries off the books to perform guerrilla war operations against the local military.
    Unfortunately, they manage to be entirely unreflective about all this. In the end, I'm pretty sure that Jack Ryan goes home and sleeps soundly because he didn't kill any real people.
    Last edited by JoshInKC; December 14th, 2019 at 07:24 PM.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Yeah, that's pretty much my thoughts too.

Spoiler:
    They should have at least made all the baddies in the palace in suits, rather than uniforms, so you could think of them as mercs working for a dictator, not actual Venezuelan soldiers, which is ridiculous. Also, it was way to easy to invade that palace in a freaking helicopter.

And I know there are a lot of interpretations of Jack Ryan, but I kinda prefer the less hardcore spec ops commando ones.

Oh Expanse, how I've missed you.