Page 256 of 259 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 2588

Thread: What are you watching?

Venturi3D.com for the FUTURE MR2 Fan's Avatar
    2001 is definitely not a movie that would work today, but considering the era...it came out BEFORE we landed on the moon and it still holds up in many ways.

If I had a better computer and lots of free time, I'd love to make my own re-cut of it. I know a director did his own re-cut pet project a few years ago, but it got taken down due to copyright issues.
    ║]=(86)=[║ Venturi3D.com

Finished two Netflix seasons recently:

- Haunting of Hill House - Absolutely fantastic suspense driven horror story. That being said, they probably could have tightened it up a bit in the middle.

- Daredevil Season 3 - Another strong season for Daredevil, but like a lot of the Defenders shows, it had some pacing issues. Probably could have told the story in a more dramatic fashion in 3-6 fewer episodes. That being said, it's still the best comic based television imo.

2001 is an art film. Not everyone appreciates art and that is OK.

It has been years since I've watched 2001, but I remember thinking the opening scene with the
    Spoiler:
    apes
    could have been its own short movie, and a damn good one, too.

I also remember thinking I liked 2010 better than the original.

Venturi3D.com for the FUTURE MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    2001 is an art film. Not everyone appreciates art and that is OK.
    I definitely appreciate it, but I also realize that a lot of younger movie fans would not. I think it's possible to keep the essence of the movie with a proper re-cut if it means more people can appreciate it...just like you could keep the essence of the mona lisa even if some of it is cropped...I know not everyone shares that opinion.
    ║]=(86)=[║ Venturi3D.com

Just discovered The Good Place is amazing.

I remember seeing a preview for it before season1 and thinking, that looks good. Kristen Bell, can't go wrong. But I never really watched it until last week. I'm almost done with season 2 now. Maximum Derek.

Season one of Get Shorty is now on Netflix. So far, so good.

Quote Originally Posted by speedpimp View Post
    Season one of Get Shorty is now on Netflix. So far, so good.
    In my opinion, it stays good. Very good

My son discovered Car Masters: Rust To Riches on Netflix and asked me to watch with him. We finished the short season (8 episodes) last night and I must say I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.

Previously I've seen some episodes of other reality car shows such as Pimp My Ride, Unique Whips, and the motorcycle show with Paul and Paul Jr. This new show is similar and has some of the usual clichés, but it's fast-paced and has less drama and conflict between shop workers/owners than some of the others.

My only beef with shows like this is it's always a race to finish the car. I figure a lot of corners must get cut when there's such rush to meet a deadline...or perhaps some of the deadlines are made up to make the shows more interesting for some people.

Most-used word on the show, by far: "badass". Everything is badass this or badass that. It gets old. Or, maybe I'm old and not up on the current hip lingo.

Still, it's a fun show. My son and I are looking forward to Season 2.

Just watched the last episode of season 13 of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (Mac Finds His Pride)

Wow. Quite a departure, but what a way to end a lackluster season.