Page 390 of 503 FirstFirst ... 290340380388389390391392400440490 ... LastLast
Results 3,891 to 3,900 of 5024

Thread: What are you watching?

Watched two great suspenseful movies on Prime this weekend: Danika and Black Box. I would recommend them both.

Finished up Mr. Inbetween and starting Welling Paranormal. Both are excellent in their own ways.

I've been enjoying Olympic softball games that are shown "on demand" so we can see them whenever we want to. My daughter plays softball and we enjoy watching the games together, but I might still tune in even if she wasn't interested.

Unlike baseball, which I also like, softball at this level is so much "faster". I watched most of a game last night and didn't see a single walk or a strikeout. Those ladies hit the ball! Sure, they're often thrown out while running the bases and, unlike my daughter's team, they actually catch fly balls most of the time, but that's still more exciting that watching a pitcher's battle in baseball or a good batter stand there with two strikes and foul off twenty-seven pitches in a row while he waits for a good one...and step out of the box to undo and redo the velcro on his batting gloves after every single pitch.

The only annoying thing in the camera placement. In every game and highlight reel I've seen, the camera is over near the shortstop, so we don't see the ball go over the plate at the same angle as we do in professional baseball games on TV. In baseball, we generally get the view from behind the pitcher instead of off to one side. But, this is a minor complaint.
    Last edited by George; July 27th, 2021 at 03:49 PM.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Officially the most bizarre thing I've watched in 2021.

"We are Lady Parts".

Six episode TV Comedy about an all female, all Muslim, punk rock band, in East London.

So very good. I missed so very many of the jokes due to only speaking English, but it's friggen hilarious, and the characters are so good!
    I was wondering if that was any good, will have to check it out!

People from the place I live WINNING stuff.

Suicide Squad. Had some good laugh out loud moments. Entertaining. Not the best movie I've seen but not the worst. Likely will not see again...but I will harken back to there being some good chuckle moments and just flamboyant violence for the sake of gory violence.

Clint Eastwood has a new movie coming out in September. And he's in it, not just directing.

He's certainly on my short list of favorite actors and I'm glad he's still working. I realize his films aren't masterpieces, but I like (most of) them very much.

A couple weeks ago I finished the audiobook American Rebel: The Life of Clint Eastwood by Marc Eliot. It was just an impulse grab from the library but I ended up liking it more than I thought I would and learned a bit about movie making along the way.

Example:

Apparently showing someone getting shot in the same scene as the shooting was against the movie code in the USA when A Fistful of Dollars was filmed in Spain. It was okay in the states to show someone pulling a pistol and firing but they had to show the victim getting hit and falling down in a different shot, or from a different camera. Apparently Sergio Leone didn't know and/or care about American film codes. The book mentioned how they did gunfight scenes like that in one "long shot", which I suppose means one camera showing the whole thing.

I've never gotten into "director stuff" and don't really notice things like that on my own, usually, but the book talked about more of that than I've been exposed to previously. Apparently the author is a longtime Hollywood insider and not just some random muckraker, as I first thought when I saw it was an "unauthorized biography."

I also liked The Suicide Squad. I could see myself watching it again while it's still on HBO MAX, but I really need to remember to cancel HBO MAX.

Watched Ma, which was pretty good.

Also the Girl in the Bathtub, which was good and quite sad.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Clint Eastwood has a new movie coming out in September. And he's in it, not just directing.

I thought the new Suicide Squad was far superior to the one from a few years ago. Pete Davidson's appearance was perfect.