Page 364 of 499 FirstFirst ... 264314354362363364365366374414464 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,640 of 4989

Thread: What are you watching?

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Going to dive into The Expanse S5 this weekend.

I've been watching Longmire. Thanks to Rich's endorsement from a few years ago.

It's been great so far, especially the first 3.5 seasons. The overarching story that takes place over that time really sucked me in and the final episode to finish the story was awesome.

Since then it has been pretty good as well, currently almost done with season 5. With only one season left, it will be interesting to see how they finish out the series.

Yeah, Longmire was a really decent show with some solid performances in both the core and supporting cast. It also did a great job of giving a paycheck or two to virtually every Native American working in hollywood, and got a huge return on its investment.
    -Formerly Stabulator

If you want to spend more time in Absaroka county and other places with Walt and friends after you've finished the TV series, The Longmire novels by Craig Johnson are excellent. I get the audiobooks from my local library.

I stumbled upon The Professor And The Madman on Netflix and watched perhaps the first third of it last night. I have heard the audiobook written and read by author Simon Winchester and am looking forward to finishing it tonight.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I heard there was new sitcom from Greg Garcia (My Name is Earl, Raising Hope), has anybody watched it?
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_SS View Post
    I've been watching Longmire. Thanks to Rich's endorsement from a few years ago.

It's been great so far, especially the first 3.5 seasons. The overarching story that takes place over that time really sucked me in and the final episode to finish the story was awesome.

Since then it has been pretty good as well, currently almost done with season 5. With only one season left, it will be interesting to see how they finish out the series.
    Wow, nice.

I watched that a few months ago but had the opposite take on it. The first few AMC seasons were decent, but a bit formulaic and episodic. The Netflix seasons got darker and cultivated longer arcs and I ended up liking it a lot.

I'm really liking Billions, I'm in the last season now. Best TV show I've watched in a long time.

I'm either going to check out Goliath next, or maybe the second season of Jack Ryan. Not sure.

Goliath is pretty good if you're into the idea of watching Billy Bob Thornton be a drunk weirdo, and Paul Williams playing a part which seems like it was tailor-made for Warren Zevon before he died. I like it.
    The second season of Jack Ryan went even farther into jingoistic imperialism than the first season, which is kind of impressive all on its own. I did not like it- though it was competently made, it just made me feel gross. However, I will probably watch the third season just to see how far they can push it.
    -Formerly Stabulator

I heard the second season was just very sloppy. They're supposedly secret agent types but get trapped fairly easy when the plot calls for it. That's why I am so far between viewing S1 and S2.

That seems possible, I honestly spent most of the season trying to pick my jaw up off the floor in disbelief - Its politics are a hair to the right of of the 1980s Rambo sequels.
    I would have been entirely unsurprised if Jack Ryan had said "We can coup who we want, because we're America."
    But I like that Wendell Pierce is getting steady work.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Quote Originally Posted by JoshInKC View Post
    Goliath is pretty good if you're into the idea of watching Billy Bob Thornton be a drunk weirdo, and Paul Williams playing a part which seems like it was tailor-made for Warren Zevon before he died. I like it.
    The second season of Jack Ryan went even farther into jingoistic imperialism than the first season, which is kind of impressive all on its own. I did not like it- though it was competently made, it just made me feel gross. However, I will probably watch the third season just to see how far they can push it.
    Couldn't quite put my finger on what I didn't like about it, but I think you've hit the nail on the head.