Page 140 of 499 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 4989

Thread: What are you watching?

Quote Originally Posted by JoshInKC View Post
    Yeah, that early Moon Knight was where I got onboard a few years after it came out. My first comic books were a filebox left behind by an older neighbor when he went to college, and that box contained a good portion of Bill's run on that and New Mutants.
    He happened to be in the next booth over from my wife and her friend at a local comic book convention a few years ago. I showed up to bring them lunch on the second day and lost my s#it when "The nice guy named Bill" at the next table turned out to be a living legend and my favorite comics artist of all time. It turned out that he was to be the recipient of the extra burger and fries I'd brought. We started talking and I ended up hanging out for the rest of the day and the next day as well. We've been friendly ever since and hang out a bit when he's in town.
    Ah, not envious at all! :-)

I've actually managed to miss most of his New Mutants work. I tried subscribing way back when (not necessarily an easy thing to do from abroad), but Bret Blevins was the art guy by the time the issues began arriving.
    I'll have to order the tpbs one of these days.

Is your wife a famous comic book person too?

Returning to the thread, I finished watching The OA earlier today. It mostly had me hooked throughout, but seemed to lose some substance and drive in the last couple of episodes.
    I'll have to ponder it a little before I arrive at a final verdict.
    I'm sure I'll be there for the second season though, from what I understand it is in the pipeline.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    We went and saw the John Wick sequel last night. It is what it is. We laugh at the euphemisms (like in the first one), and I laugh at the fact he shoots everybody in the fucking face.

His New Mutants run is great - the Demon Bear saga and his art for Warlock are wonderful expansions of the medium. My wife wrote a novel with her best friend who is in a comedy group that performs at cons, so they were selling that.

Back on topic - I watched the Australian series Rake over the past week. It was fun - Imagine Dr. House as an Aussie Lawyer. It's very much in the white male antihero protagonist genre, but the charm of the lead actor sells it. First 2 seasons are on netflix.
    Also, the great and hilarious Crazy Ex-Girlfriend has its second season up on netflix which I've already seen but cannot recommend strongly enough.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Yeah... I'm gonna have to go ahead and... disagree with you there -- my wife has been watching Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (which means that I have been watching, too). Let me just say I am not impressed.

If you're drawn to that fare however, please let me recommend Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23 instead. Far superior.

::

I caught the LEGO Batman movie yesterday. Highly entertaining mashup and yet... kind of mean spirited. Like a movie making fun of the properties involved.
    Last edited by novicius; February 13th, 2017 at 05:24 AM.

Yeah, Don't Trust the B was great, though hampered by a rough title - much like crazy ex girlfriend
    -Formerly Stabulator

Don't trust the b**** was a brilliant series, so sad that it died.

Crazy Ex Girlfriend I liked the first series, but the second series isn't doing much for me. Lead female character is just getting too unsympathetic.

Saw Hidden Figures last night. It was alright. Rent it when it becomes available. There were a few scenes that seemed forced or contrived, but it was overall enjoyable.

Black Mirror: quite a disappointing show. It's like TV get around to what has been in 40-60 years of literature and comics, in a fake intellectual way. First season I really liked only the first episode, Second season 2 out of 3 (which is actually unexpected). Christmas special was almost ok; almost. Then first episode of season 3... blah.

It's the same luddite antitecnological crap as usual. Dystopic copy-and-paste futures with gimmicks and over pastel colours. Waste of time, really.

Dr. Strange: was ok I guess, but a bit small scope feel, even if the subject was about dimensions, time, space and whatever. Felt like a secondary low budget movie with decent photography and good effects. Like all Marvel movies... it's a long expanded tv series episode, really.

Sing Street: sweet, nostalgic vibes of the 80s. Romantic and funny at times. Not to rival with Once from the same director.

I loved Black Mirror when it started but the returns have been diminishing. S2 wasn't as good as S1, and I've heard nothing good about S3.