Page 181 of 499 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191231281 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 4989

Thread: What are you watching?

Season 2 of Shooter just started and while it requires a slightly higher level of disbelief than season one it's a solid start.

Just keeping watching GoT which seems written by casual powerplayers of D&D 3.x... it's like they don't even try to hide any internal incoherence anymore.
    Also Preacher... good that is going a bit its own way compared to the comics, albeit I'm afraid it could start to open too many subplots, but so far it has not happened.
    Watched the first episode of Netflix's Castlevania: what a boring tripe. Warren Ellis, go home, you are drunk.

So every afternoon I tape and watch enough of Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman to get the gist of the episode without the temptation to archive it.

The other day I skimmed through the episode about a woman with Leprosy aired. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0565354/

I asked my wife if she thought the primary guest star could be the actress who played Jadzia Dax. (who searches now remind me was Terry Farrell).

But it turns out she was in fact Denise Crosby, who played Tasha Yar in ST:TNG. (And also starred in the series Key West--I actually remember that).

Strange that I was so close but so wrong.

I was going to post this in the Star Trek: Omnibus thread (after first searching it for similar mentions). But there isn't one.

Baby Driver. Wow, I loved it, despite the star's questionable acting. Very stylish film.

Stuff I've seen lately;

Wonder Woman - Really, really liked it. There were one or two things that didn't gel with me, but overall it was a solid film and gives me hope for the rest of DC's upcoming output.
    Baby driver - excellent. Fun and really stylized. Basically an enormous music video. I share Cam's view of the main actor though.
    Spider-man Homecoming - Good solid Marvel fun. Managed to have a few plot surprises despite me watching a million trailers and it being a 'comic book film'.
    War for the planet of the apes. This was outstanding. Genuinely one of the best films I've seen in a long time. Afterwards our group just sat in silence for three or four minutes digesting what we had witnessed. Andy Serkis requires an Oscar for this. As do the animators.

Walking dead. - I consumed the comics (well, up to issue 147) over three weeks and thoroughly enjoyed them. Also enough people have been practically begging me to watch the show that I thought I'd give it a go. So far I've finished the first three seasons. I like it. It's got it's own feel, and is sufficiently different from the comic to be surprising at times yet keeps the 'no one has plot armor' thing which keeps the tension up. Also it seems like they're having fun with it. I'll keep going.

On the list next:

Iron Fist - I hear it's not that great but I'm guessing it'll make defenders make more sense.
    Finishing House of Cards Season 4 then watching 5. (I stopped watching 4 when Cheeto Benito got elected - it was just too depressing)
    Season 5 of Orange is the new black.

I watched Arrival last night. It was a pure mindfuck.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I watched Monsters last night (the alien invasion in Mexico movie made by Gareth Edwards in case there's any confusion with the other tons of Monster movies).

It was much better than Arrival

I'll watch Monsters tonight.

Today is the day that Wonder Woman should hit $400 million domestic -- my guess: $400,157,814 reported tomorrow.

17 days until Wonder Woman: Hello Kitty edition.
    Last edited by novicius; August 8th, 2017 at 06:12 AM.

I think this is the link you meant: http://variety.com/2017/film/asia/wo...an-1202475586/

Hopefully there will be a video of Gal Gadot and a Hello Kitty mascot dancing.
    Get that weak shit off my track