Page 230 of 499 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240280330 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 4989

Thread: What are you watching?

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    I was completely underwhelmed, and had relegated it to the mindless drivel of "explosions, fights and racing" that makes typical blockbusters, but I don't follow the stories and haven't seen any of the "prequels" to this outside of Black Panther.
    Your post changes my view of it somewhat, as obviously there is so much more of the backstory that i'm completely ignorant about. It atually makes me want to see the other movies but that's a lot of investment (timewise,) even with a MoviePass, Netflix and Amazon Prime.
    Do you only watch season finales of Game of Thrones also?

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    More Infinity War stuff....about how it kinda relates to religion (NOT paging Billi for comment)

Spoiler:

Someone mentioned that Thanos was getting 6 infinity stones in a matter of a few days, and then resting on the "7th" day.

Loki tells Thanos that he will never be a god.

Starlord said "Jesus" when Dr. Strange asked which master he served.

And of course, losing people to dust was VERY much like the biblical rapture. It does feel a bit like that.

I'm sure there's other references I'm forgetting also. I'm not saying that they specifically went for that, but the argument could be made that they were hinting at it.

No idea if this will work, but Mo, here's a flow chart for you:

I'm a big Marvel fan but I recommend spreading them out. If you watch too many in a short period of time you may get burnt out.

I pick and choose which ones to show my wife. I find that in a lot of them, they have a genre or style of movie and I match that with what my wife would enjoy.

Captain America 1 felt like a war movie. Captain America 2 felt spy-espionage. Thor 1 was 'Shakespearian'. Guardians of the Galaxy 1/2 were space operas. Iron Man were action flicks and Ant-Man was a heist movie. Thor 3 was comedy/action.

The crossover movies are more about watching established characters interact. It's a lot of fun.

That’s a valid point, DSM. I guess it depends on the person and how attached they are or were to the MCU, and comics in general.

It was very easy for me to get hooked on the MCU, as I used to eat/sleep/breathe comics for over a decade. Even spent countless hours and thousands of words analyzing them on comics forums with other like-minded people, including participation in mindless “versus” forums. In short: I was hooked, until about 2011. It’s been a seamless transition over to the MCU, almost obligatory.

For a total newbie I’d agree that taking it slow would probably be a better idea.

Watched it yesterday and was smiling from beginning to end. Great movie. Only a few more weeks until DP2.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post

If you really wanted to condense it down and only watch the really important ones:

Ironman 1, Captain America The First Avenger (Infinity Stone content) & Thor. Possibly IM2 as it introduces Black Widow.
    Avengers
    Thor the Dark World (Infinity Stone content), Cap 2 TWS, GOTG (Infinity Stone content)
    Avengers AoU, Doctor Strange (Infinity Stone content)
    Captain America Civil War (possibly Ant-Man for relevance as he appears in this) Thor Ragnarok
    Spider-Man Homecoming for some Spider-Man Context, although Civil War is pretty good in this respect, Black Panther could easily be missed out too.
    Then Avengers Infinity War.

The movie makes a lot more sense, and has a lot more emotional connection if you've been following along with the MCU at least somewhat over the years. As a standalone movie, without any other MCU knowledge, Black Panther is better. So it really just depends on the viewer.
    Troof.

Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    I’d have to strongly recommend making the investment. You could get through them all in two weeks if you watched one per day, and a little more on the weekends.

It’s a great universe. Easy to get hooked.
    Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    Do you only watch season finales of Game of Thrones also?
    I didn't grow up in this country so I wan't vested in watching the movies of comics from a past I didn't have. I only watched it because my date wanted to watch it.

You're a good dude Jason. Thank you.