Page 157 of 500 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207257 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 5000

Thread: What are you watching?

Yeah it's not a typical teen drama. It's really probably aimed for millennials more than whatever the current teen generation is called (especially since all of the "teens" are in their early to mid-20's).

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Watched GOTG2, loved it, 9/10 from me, I thought it was better than the original

On a mad sit com roll ...

American Housewife: quite amusing, more so than it deserves to be given the premise of "fat woman moves to rich bitch suburb"

The Great Indoors: despite being Joel McHale, and Stephen Fry, is a poor effort that goes for the weakest millenial jokes I've seen.

Better off Ted (yes, just started watching it now): why in god's name I haven't seen this before? Wonderfully mean about corporate shark entities, with a couple of oddball scientists who totally steal the show in my opinion.

The Guild (old, and off youtube): a must watch if you've ever played any sort of online RPG So many laugh out loud moments. Then again, while re-watching them all with the trivia comments turned on

What I'm not watching any more, Silicon Valley.

They just keep circling back endlessly to the same plot. "Things happen and everyone apart from the main characters do well from IT projects using their ideas".

The last episode is the final nail in the coffin for me. I'm not rage quitting or anything dramatic like that, but now I'm bored with the one plot.

SV is like that. Their situation just undulates between complete success and total failure. I am not ready to stop yet though because the dialogue is good enough to carry it even if the story arc makes no sense overall.

I watched "Passengers".....better than I expected it to be. It wasn't an elaborate plot or anything, pretty straightforward, but I really enjoyed the set design and I'm a fan of the actors in it.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    SV is like that. Their situation just undulates between complete success and total failure. I am not ready to stop yet though because the dialogue is good enough to carry it even if the story arc makes no sense overall.
    I was okay when I thought it was an arc. But really it appears to not be so much an arc, as a circle.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    I watched "Passengers".....better than I expected it to be. It wasn't an elaborate plot or anything, pretty straightforward, but I really enjoyed the set design and I'm a fan of the actors in it.
    Which Passengers movie, 2008 or 2016? I saw the 2008 movie with Anne Hathaway and Patrick Wilson and thought it was pretty decent.

Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    Which Passengers movie, 2008 or 2016? I saw the 2008 movie with Anne Hathaway and Patrick Wilson and thought it was pretty decent.
    oh, the 2016 one, didn't realize there was another one.

Yeah the 2008 movie had Hathaway as a grief counselor for survivors of a plane crash. Then things start getting strange. I liked it.