Page 103 of 502 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 5015

Thread: What are you watching?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
    The TV show makes plenty of reference to the MCU, the MCU should do the same.
    At this point they're very much in passing and barely accurate to the story. Agent of Shield's version of the Sokovia Accords requires the registration of all powered people (like the list SHIELD used to have, and the comic version of Civil War). It's MCU function, as merely stating that the Avengers can only act at the behest of the UN, and that if they choose not to sign that they must retire, is completely different and never mentioned.

The functional difference between "sign this or you can't act as an Avenger" and "sign this if you have powers" are enormous and completely ignored by the TV show, likely because they weren't made aware of what the Sokovia Accords were going to be in the MCU (just like the writers of the movies have almost no idea what's going on in the TV show).

I think we need to accept the fact that, while they all claim to inhabit the same universe, any cross-reference between the Netflix shows, Agents of SHIELD and the movies in the future will be fan service at most.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I haven't watched Agents of SHIELD but isn't SHIELD basically known as being Hydra after The Winter Soldier movie? How are they working that out (if they are)

Officially, as far as all the governments of the world and the Avengers know, SHIELD no longer exists in any form.

In Agents of SHIELD, we find out that Nick Fury handed the last remnants of SHIELD over to Phil Coulson to act as the new director, who spent approximately a season identifying and eliminating/detaining all of the Hydra agents within SHIELD. Hydra is also acting as its own separate entity wholly outside of SHIELD, with its own facilities and personnel who are no longer pretending to be part of SHIELD.

There are other involved parties, but that is a relatively spoiler-free synopsis of how they have dealt with the SHIELD/Hydra thing.

Related to the discussion of "what if this character was __________?"

http://kotaku.com/uncharted-4-direct...-fo-1778198178

When I’m introducing and describing a new character to our lead character concept artist, constantly she will ask, “What if it was a girl?” And I’m like, Oh, I didn’t think about that. Let me think, does that affect or change anything? No? Cool, that’s different. Yeah, let’s do it.

Initially, in the epilogue, it was Nate’s son. Something similar happened with the mansion they go into. That was an old English guy’s house. She asked, Well, what if it was a woman?

You have some sexist focus testers who were really upset by Nadine beating up Nate, and really upset at the end when it was Nate’s daughter. To the point where we had to ask one guy to leave. In his core, it just affected him. He was cursing, “Not you, too, Naughty Dog! Goddammit. I guess I’m done with Uncharted, if you guys ever make another one, with his daughter. This fucking bullshit.”

And I was like, Wow, why does that matter?
    The idea being that characters are often empty vessels that are being created and filled as we go. Often the default, the characteristics that exist as an assumption before we make it important that they are something else, is that they are a white male in his 20s-40s. This is because most of the creative control and financial power in this world is held by white males in their 20s-40s (or at least who feel like that's where they are). It's not necessarily malicious, it's just the way society has developed.
    Last edited by Kchrpm; May 23rd, 2016 at 10:11 AM.

The main characters are established as sort of "secret good-guys who continued operating off-the-books with no official sanction" until midway through this season when they got rolled into some other governmental organization.
    Regarding the differences between the sokovia accords - Thats entirely in keeping with the comics. I'm pretty sure the editorial/creative team behind the whole thing never bothered to actually lay out specifics; or if they did, they didn't bother to tell any other writers - In some books it's just let the gov't know your secret identity, in others, it's "You're now employed by the gov't and are not allowed to do any unauthorized heroing. If you do, we're going to imprison you in the negative zone."
    -Formerly Stabulator

That's unfortunate. There's such a huge difference between having to register just because you were born different, and having your freelance police force become government regulated.

This could be good:

Today is the day the sixth episode of Star Trek Continues is released.

http://startrekcontinues.com/episodes.html

Adam Sandler's second Netflix movie, The Do Over, was released yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    This could be good:

When does that start? Could be good and Kiefer usually does a decent job.