Page 115 of 500 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 4995

Thread: What are you watching?

I've heard that JCVJ is great but the premise will probably wear thin pretty quick.
    Also heard The Tick blows. No Patrick Warburton? No thanks.

I saw Ted 2 recently. Patrick Warburton's character dressing as the Tick at Comic-Con was funny.

Also just watched Demolition (Jake Gyllenhaal as a widower breaks shit). It was okay, but the video Drinking Out of Cups played a role, but was never explained in the movie. It was a fun little inside joke for people that know it.

Watched JCVJ and thought it was decent as a pilot -- but the writing had better keep raising the bar or it'll die like the one-trick pony it is.

ATTN GEORGE:
    -Formerly Stabulator

Thanks Josh. I'm looking forward to that. Having never watched a new, current series on Netflix, it will be interesting to see if they give us one episode a week, like regular networks, or all the episodes at once.

Coincidentally, I'm currently listening to the very first Longmire book on CD, "Cold Dish". I've heard all the other novels and the compilation of short stories, but I never could find the first book at a library until last week. Like the others, it's good, and something I thought was on the TV show only - a deputy driving a Trans Am - is in this book. Hmm - I always wondered about that on TV, since a T/A isn't your usual law enforcement vehicle or a typical Wyoming car.

My non-plot-spoiler personal opinion about the latest two Star Trek Continues episodes, numbers 6 and 7, is below.

Spoiler:

The nostalgia factor and overall execution of the duplicate sets, uniforms, music, sound effects, and so forth gets a 10 out of 10, and has since Episode 1.

But, to borrow a phrase from a friend, the writing had better keep raising the bar or it'll die like the one-trick pony it is. Some of the episodes were great, but these last two were, well...boring. This latest one had me saying, "wait...what?" way too often.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Stranger Things.

Sfsg.
    acket.

Elvis & Nixon. Kevin Spacey plays Nixon and Michael Shannon plays Tha Kang.

Word from the new guys in charge of the DC movies, brought onboard after BvS and Suicide Squad were (at least mostly) completed: http://io9.gizmodo.com/geoff-johns-o...cha-1786394751

“[I]n the past, I think the studio has said, ‘Oh, DC films are gritty and dark and that’s what makes them different.’ That couldn’t be more wrong,” Johns told The Wall Street Journal. “It’s a hopeful and optimistic view of life. Even Batman has a glimmer of that in him. If he didn’t think he’d make tomorrow better, he’d stop.”

The pair admitted many of those changes are first going to be first seen in Zack Snyder’s Justice League, which is almost done filming for a November 2017 release. Berg admitted after seeing the reactions to Batman v Superman, they “accelerated the [Justice League] story to get to the hope and optimism a little faster.”

That film will also “directly address Batman’s extreme actions in [Batman v Superman], such as torturing criminals and nearly killing the Man of Steel, rather than accept them as par for the course.”
    Get that weak shit off my track

World Order, the document.