Page 119 of 503 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 5026

Thread: What are you watching?

Luke Cage. I gotta say that while I'm enjoying the setting/dialog/acting, the direction has been very hit-or-miss.

The show has definitely had more highs than lows tho'!

Quote Originally Posted by JSGeneral View Post
    Westworld. Holy Shit!
    Can't wait to watch this!

High Maintenecne is great. I've just started watching the old webisodes from before HBO picked it up. They're just little like vignettes, but still pretty funny. The latest HBO episode about the dog was great.

Watched the first episode of Daredevil. I'm interested, but I think the guy that plays Foggy is questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Watched the first episode of Daredevil. I'm interested, but I think the guy that plays Foggy is questionable.
    I think he matches his character...
    Initially, Foggy was portrayed as a deeply conflicted character, continuously caught between his strong vocational disagreements with Matt, their rivalry for the affections of Karen Page, and his loyalty to his friend. Despite being a highly successful lawyer, he is also tormented by feelings of inferiority to his law partner. However, since the early 1980s he has often been reduced to comic relief, and his down-to-earth, everyman lifestyle acts as a contrast to his grim superhero colleague, who in the early decades of the series was the happy-go-lucky element of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGeneral View Post
    Westworld. Holy Shit!
    I meant to watch that. I take this response that I probably should.

Luke Cage. I'm kind of surprised that they got right to his powers. There wasn't much build up like there was with Daredevil or Jessica Jones.

Westworld's premiere was fucking OUTSTANDING. So much confusion and unanswered questions though, I think it's one of those shows you have to reeeeeally tough it out for the whole damn season to get an idea of what's going on.

The score is spectacular though, and it looks amazing.

As long as it's not like Lost. I couldn't stand that crap.

Have never seen an episode of Lost.

Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    As long as it's not like Lost. I couldn't stand that crap.
    I'd say it's not like Lost. But I am biased. Westworld has me hooked. I have so many theories from the first episode, and some questions that have no theories... yet. The premier promised that this seems like a show that is gonna give the viewers grisly action, suspense, engaging characters, and philosophical challenges. All this takes place in a stark blend of two locals: An old western landscape that is beautiful, sunny, and bright but with dark atrocities happening there... And a tech building running the attraction that tends to be full of glass, concrete, and clean lines... but is still somehow dark, ugly, and fluorescent lit at the same time. Also, it could be argued that even darker atrocities are happening at this control facility.

The acting is incredible.

All of this was displayed in the first show and this "new comer" (or is it "host") is ready to ride this train to the destination.

And even if it is exactly like Lost (which it gave no indication of being true)... Wouldn't you be interested in seeing Lost with Anthony Hopkins, Ed Harris, and a whole lot of hot naked chicks? If you like that kind of philosophical challenge, then this is the show for you.

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    Luke Cage. I gotta say that while I'm enjoying the setting/dialog/acting, the direction has been very hit-or-miss.

The show has definitely had more highs than lows tho'!
    Finally finished up Luke Cage.

The acting is *great* in parts, the direction is *great* in parts, the writing is incredibly strong throughout (no pun intended) -- but there are long scenes that are kinda mediocre and the blame starts with Mike Colter himself. He's actually kinda nerdy (IMO).

Maharshala Ali, Alfre Woodard and even Theo Rossi ("Juice" from Sons of Anarchy) are magnetic. Relative newcomer Simeon Misseck does a really good job with a seriously meaty dramatic role.

But Colter? Just seems to have one note, kind of on par with Erik LaRey Harvey's performance. Eh, I'm nitpicking -- the true star is Harlem and the music. Top-notch, brilliantly selected and as educational as it is entertaining.

Will be interesting to see where Marvel goes from here with Luke Cage...