Page 13 of 501 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you watching?

I was very pleased with how they handled it. Watching the show, but didn't watch the movie? Too effin bad.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Re Captain America and Marvel....

Spoiler:
    So I just saw Chris Evans contract with Marvel, and Sebastian Stan's... Evans is "only" contracted for six movies. Cap 1-3 and Avengers 1-3. Sebastian Stan, though, is contracted for 9 movies. So, one might make the assumption that Rogers is going to die at some point, and Barnes takes over as Captain America. Which is a story that happened in the comics. That being said, if that's the case... Stan is going to be in quite a few movies as Captain America, or as a guest in other movies before that turn.

OR maybe Stan was just cheap to buy, so they contracted him for a lot of movies for maximum story flexibility and the whole Rogers death thing isn't going to happen.
    Spoiler:
    Civil War is definitely going to happen, too many unique characters are being introduced (The Winter Soldier, Agent 13, Crossbones, return of HYDRA, murmuring of Red Skull coming back) to not have it happen. It's coming and considering how bad they're hyping ULTRON as the big threat, I'll bet that a major plot line of Avengers 2 is going to be the start of Civil War. RDJ's send-off will come at the expense of his likeability; when Stark-as-Hero returns, it'll eventually be with someone else (and cheaper), I'm sure Marvel is not shedding any tears over that. I think it's coming that soon -- and who better to direct it than Whedon??

Time will tell how big of an uproar people will have with Chris Evans out from behind the Stars and Stripes...
    I just wonder when the Skrulls are coming.
    Last edited by novicius; April 9th, 2014 at 12:05 PM.

The Grand Budapest Hotel. Wonderfully wacky and brilliant!

Related, ca6 linked to this car-related Wes Anderson short film on his social networking profile today:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b87B7zyucgI

I hadn't watched The Talented Mr Ripley until a couple of days ago.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    acket.

Loving Agents of SHIELD now. Loving, loving, loving.

I too, have seen the occasional comment from a butthurt TV bro talking about how he didn't watch the movie, so the show sucked. Suck it up and shell out $6 on Cheap Tuesdays, pal. We have REASONABLY BIG BUDGET TV tying into BIG BUDGET Movies. That's fucking incredible.

Watched the first episode of Cosmos the other day. I'm interested. I'll watch more later.

I'm afraid to start watching Agents of Shield considering how much I heard it sucked at the beginning.

Did you watch TNG in the beginning? It blew. Much like SHIELD, for many of the same reasons. Then it got better, for many of the same reasons. And SHIELD's only a season in!

No worries, Cam, AoS is still one of the worst series on TV. Episode 15th was like a bad plot from some geek D&D-turned modern action session at home.
    Cosmos OTOH is wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by tigeraid View Post
    Did you watch TNG in the beginning? It blew. Much like SHIELD, for many of the same reasons. Then it got better, for many of the same reasons. And SHIELD's only a season in!
    Good reference. I went to watch TNG again, and forgot just how painful the first season was.