Page 131 of 500 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 5000

Thread: What are you watching?

Cable TV station AMC was playing a marathon of Breaking Bad this weekend. My wife and I happened to catch the pilot episode, and then the one after that. The premise is promising, but I think they could use a little less violence and gore. I'm sure that will die away as the show picks up and no longer needs shock value to lure in new viewers.

Hey, it could happen!

Seriously, neither of us has ever watched it, and we might just have a new Netflix thing going here.

I just binge watched series 2 of Humans (UK series).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4122068/?ref_=nv_sr_1

I highly recommend this series, and also Utopia. Both of which are damn good series Hopefully they don't get remade by the USA, into some hollywood rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Cable TV station AMC was playing a marathon of Breaking Bad this weekend. My wife and I happened to catch the pilot episode, and then the one after that. The premise is promising, but I think they could use a little less violence and gore. I'm sure that will die away as the show picks up and no longer needs shock value to lure in new viewers.
    As somebody who only just recently got around to watching Breaking Bad, yeah nah. Sorry. There are no fluffy bunnies and cuddles for everyone to be found in this series. It's really good, but brutal.

Yes, I said that because I've seen little bits of Breaking Bad when it was on TV regularly and it seemed like every time I've seen any of it, someone was being threatened, tortured, buried, or worse.

Sometimes I feel that cable shows go all out on gore, violence and nudity because they can, not because the story demands it. Sure, something like The Sopranos probably needs the violence, maybe the same could be said for GoT but there are shows where it's put me off. Banshee is a good example. Just too much.

Then again Banshee was supposed to be OTT.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Yes, I said that because I've seen little bits of Breaking Bad when it was on TV regularly and it seemed like every time I've seen any of it, someone was being threatened, tortured, buried, or worse.
    Oh right, so you clearly only tuned in for the family friendly tame bits then

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    The OA.

Episode 1.

My brain hurts.
    I've now watched the whole series. I can't recommend strongly enough, do not bother with this series, the premise was good. The ending was so beyond cop out / stupid, that you will be punching your TV.

Do not bother.

Started watching Sense8 based on novi mentioning it. I almost shut it off during the first episode because it was so effed up. It took me three episodes before I got into it. Four episodes in and I am hooked.

Fleabag.

Gloriously dark UK comedy. Usual UK TV series, very short run of only 8 episodes. Very impressed, watched the whole thing yesterday, and was both amused, and appalled.