Page 139 of 501 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 5008

Thread: What are you watching?

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    I think all of the people attached would like to leave it where it ended at this point, and have said as much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoë
    I ain't so afraid of losing something that I ain't gonna try to have it.
    So what if it sucks? I say give it a shot, expand the Firefly universe, let them that want to/are able to come back return and backfill with new faces. #shrug

Agents of Shield has had four seasons of mediocre-to-decent storytelling and world-building under Joss' team. No big deal.

Watched the first ep of FX's LEGION last night. Seems really good so far, and the fact that Noah Hawley (the guy who does FARGO) is running the show is promising. Also, it was really neat to see (my acquaintance) Bill Sienkiewicz credited on tv. I really hope they do something to give David his comic-book hair, though.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Coen bros. doing a Scarface remake for 2018, starring Diego Luna as Tony Montana.

I can understand people upset that there is a remake coming, except for the fact that the 1983 film was also a remake.

At least with the Coens handling it you know it will be done right.

I think people just get upset that everything from Hollywood is a remake/reboot/sequel/adaptation.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshInKC View Post
    Watched the first ep of FX's LEGION last night. Seems really good so far, and the fact that Noah Hawley (the guy who does FARGO) is running the show is promising. Also, it was really neat to see (my acquaintance) Bill Sienkiewicz credited on tv. I really hope they do something to give David his comic-book hair, though.
    I actually found it very weird and it really didn't grab me.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshInKC View Post
    I've been a fan of Bill's since... I don't know, the early eighties probably, when Norwegian translations of Moon Knight began appearing here.
    I've followed him on Facebook and Instagram, and had a bit of a fangasm when he actually sent me a friend request some time before christmas.

There's been some gushing about Legion on Facebook, and I watched it earlier today, not really expecting much because I'm a snob about these things, but I was pleasantly surprised I'm glad to say.
    I really liked the style of the show, it reminded me of something like Pushing Daisies by way of David Lynch, with the use of colours, camera angles and lenses.
    It gave a very solid impression all in all, and I'm looking forward to further episodes.

Yeah, that early Moon Knight was where I got onboard a few years after it came out. My first comic books were a filebox left behind by an older neighbor when he went to college, and that box contained a good portion of Bill's run on that and New Mutants.
    He happened to be in the next booth over from my wife and her friend at a local comic book convention a few years ago. I showed up to bring them lunch on the second day and lost my s#it when "The nice guy named Bill" at the next table turned out to be a living legend and my favorite comics artist of all time. It turned out that he was to be the recipient of the extra burger and fries I'd brought. We started talking and I ended up hanging out for the rest of the day and the next day as well. We've been friendly ever since and hang out a bit when he's in town.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Watching "Hoges" the tv show about Paul Hogan.
    Damn he is a funny bastard and such an Aussie icon.
    Grew up with his tv specials, then the Croc Dundee movies made him even bigger.

Dupe!
    Last edited by Dicknose; February 12th, 2017 at 01:41 AM.