Page 147 of 501 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197247 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 5001

Thread: What are you watching?

Lange has been on fire with everything she's done that is connected to Ryan Murphy(Feud and AHS). I like Sarandon as Bette.

MR2 Fan -
    You're wrong
    Get that weak shit off my track

Best review I've seen of Iron Fist (spoilers in the link):

Quote Originally Posted by io9
    Netflix and Marvel’s Iron Fist is not good TV. It is bad and boring TV with terrible fight scenes and a lead actor who comes from the “petulant grimace” school of acting. The only reason to watch Iron Fist is so you can be prepared for The Defenders, the epic series that will cross Iron Fist over with the casts of Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage. Instead, let us save you some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    I just finished episode 7 and I have been entertained. Admittedly, I find the Meecham family way more compelling than the Rands. Danny's character seems simple and shallow... and yeah, the fight scenes should be better.
    Came across this comment on i09 and thought of you, Cam.

Quote Originally Posted by io9
    You know who is given something to work with? The Meachums. Clearly someone else realized the best parts of Smallville were the moments with Lionel Luthor dragging Lex into hell with him and Lex’s vain attempts to fight his destiny. Tom Pelphrey as Wade Meachum displays an entire host of human emotions dealing with his psychotic father’s hold over him. But one thing he never wavers on is his love of his sister, Joy. Like Gao, Harold Meachum is also wonderfully and unrepentantly evil (his last words to his son when he thinks he’s going to die are hysterically cruel). Both actors should find all the work in the world after this.

But again, the show isn’t called “The Meachums” it’s Iron Fist and he is basically the least interesting character on it.

Perfect.

The latest season of Homeland is really good. Pretty fitting that the "villain of the year" bares more than a passing resemblance to Steve Bannon.

Quote Originally Posted by speedpimp View Post
    The latest season of Homeland is really good. Pretty fitting that the "villain of the year" bares more than a passing resemblance to Steve Bannon.
    I'll wait until the season ends then binge watch it.

I saw Drive last night. Didn't enjoy it. Highly overrated film, imo.

Huh. I quite enjoyed it. *shrug*

I enjoyed it as well, especially Kingsley's gnawing of the scenery.

Just watched the 3rd episode of Top Gear's current season. A bit weak, but I stand by my thoughts of the current format being enjoyable. I like all three hosts on their own for the most part, and hope they develop a great relationship with each other to add to the show. Too much wasted time with the guest I think. I liked the Fiat film though. I'm not a fan of the DB11, so that may be part of it.

Next week (for US) is the Chiron and (talk about burying the lede!) the 1299 Superleggera.

I, for the first time am watching extra gear, and being a AV nerd, I love the bit on filming the Aston.