Page 149 of 500 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 4999

Thread: What are you watching?

Watched Hap & Leonard (Netflix, six eps) over the weekend. Half-? Semi-hard? Not sure where I stand with this one, actually.

I like the concept (P.I. origin story set in East Texas in the '80s). Kind of pulp-y? The show is a touch difficult to describe: never full-on noir, not near clever enough for a Tarantino homage/rip-off. Definitely gritty, definitely dark, certainly free-spirited in a "Keep Austin Weird" kinda way.

George might get something out of this after all that Longmire he's consumed but this surely ain't no "Longmire".

Hap & Leonard are based on a series of books that predate QT by a few years. Season two started a few weeks ago. Its definitely a show you need to pay attention to. The Amazon girl friend of the main villain is also the leader of the Scavengers(aka Baby Talk Vulcan Haircut) on this season of The Walking Dead.

Wow, I had no idea they made a Hap & Leonard series. I should check it out, I don't think I've read any of those since the 90's and I remember liking them.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Season 2 airs on Sundance TV.

‘Iron Fist’ Is Netflix’s Most Binge-Watched Premiere of 2017

According to analysis by 7Park Data (per Variety), which measures streaming platforms, 54.7% of Iron Fist streams on March 17 were of episodes three or higher. It indicates that most viewers binge-watched the show on its premiere date.

Iron Fist
    accounted for 14.6% of all Netflix streams on its premiere, ahead of Stranger Things (4%), Luke Cage (12.8%) and season 2 of Daredevil (13.8%) during their premieres.

"The relationship between critic reviews and mass appeal has always been a complicated one,” said Christopher Coby, a senior analyst for 7Park Data.

Here's hoping that Iron Fist Season 2 is appropriately improved.

Caught a showing of Crash and Burn (2016), a documentary on Formula racing rising star Irishman Tommy Byrne last night at a fast guys gathering.

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian.com
    There’s a fascination and poignancy to this gripping sports documentary, about someone who deserves a kind of legendary status for the way he didn’t become a legend.

This is motor racing’s bad boy Tommy Byrne, who rose from humble beginnings in Dundalk in Ireland to be one of the hottest prospects of early 1980s Formula One, mentioned in the same breath as Ayrton Senna. An interviewee says he could have been the George Best or Alex Higgins of the racing world, but somehow Byrne only did the Best downfall without the preceding success.
    Good watch. Really shows how talent alone is *barely* enough to succeed in racing, you'd best come from money -- and if you have no money, smile and keep your goddamn mouth shut!

Started watching Stranger Things, really liking the 80's Spielberg-esque vibe to the whole thing. Quite creepy in parts too.

Stranger Things intro music is great. It's my ringtone.

Crashing is good. I laugh a few times every episode.

I learned to play the Stranger Things theme on guitar, lol. Love that show. OA is supposed to be better according to one critic, I think not.