Page 153 of 501 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203253 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 5001

Thread: What are you watching?

Finished watching Into The Badlands. Atrocious acting, convoluted plot, ridiculous setting and middling to decent fight scenes.

Basically out-Iron Fisted Iron Fist.

Just finished season 11 of Trailer Park Boys

I watched three decent movies yesterday.

Honeymoon, which is a Spanish film about a crazy doctor who kidnaps his neighbour's wife and keeps her in his dungeon in an attempt to make her his own wife.

A Patch of Fog, about a famous Irish author dealing with an obsessed fan.

Under Suspicion, featuring the heavyweight acting abilities of (the now retired) Gene Hackman and Morgan Freeman. Watching the two of them work against each other is a real treat. A good murder mystery flick.

Regarding Fate of the Furious - I too watched it this weekend, and it was okay.

Two things bothered me...

Spoiler:
    1. The new guy, they called him Little Mr. Nobody, played by Scott Eastwood. Clearly they're positioning him to take Paul Walker's spot in the franchise, and I don't like it. I hated how he was sitting at the table during the BBQ at the end, as if after one mission he's suddenly a part of Dom's family. I know we're supposed to slowly let go of the Brian O'Connor character, but it seems like they're trying to force a new, similar looking, character on us too soon, and most of us aren't ready for it yet. Walker's presence was sorely missed in this film.

2. Dom's acceptance of Deckard Shaw. Yeah I know he saved his kid and everything, but did Dom suddenly forget that this is the same Shaw who blew up Han and nearly blew up Brian and Mia and their son? I guess he gets a pass for that now?

Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post

Spoiler:
    1. The new guy, they called him Little Mr. Nobody, played by Scott Eastwood. Clearly they're positioning him to take Paul Walker's spot in the franchise, and I don't like it. I hated how he was sitting at the table during the BBQ at the end, as if after one mission he's suddenly a part of Dom's family. I know we're supposed to slowly let go of the Brian O'Connor character, but it seems like they're trying to force a new, similar looking, character on us too soon, and most of us aren't ready for it yet. Walker's presence was sorely missed in this film.

2. Dom's acceptance of Deckard Shaw. Yeah I know he saved his kid and everything, but did Dom suddenly forget that this is the same Shaw who blew up Han and nearly blew up Brian and Mia and their son? I guess he gets a pass for that now?
    Don't you know? Things happen fast & furious in that world, as opposed to a little bit at a time.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    For my part I was hoping that they'd put the character of Sean Boswell in for Brian O'Connor's replacement. Oh well. #shrug

No one is allowed to act worse than Vin in these movies, so he couldn't come back.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    Spoiler:
    For my part I was hoping that they'd put the character of Sean Boswell in for Brian O'Connor's replacement. Oh well. #shrug
    Spoiler:
    I was waiting for him to appear all throughout the film, as I'd read an article that said he was going to be in it. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    No one is allowed to act worse than Vin in these movies, so he couldn't come back.
    Hmm, I guess Michelle Rodriguez is exempt from that rule.

Her acting is 100% cringe-worthy.

Finally started Stranger Things. Effin' GREAT.

Finished the 3rd season of "The 100". Pretty good. Not the best acting. But, they keep it interesting.

A movie about the Shaw family should be a priority.