Page 155 of 502 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205255 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 5015

Thread: What are you watching?

I enjoyed Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

Brockmire.

Surprisingly good comedy

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    watched a documentary on Netflix about the Ruby Ridge incident. I never really paid attention to it when it first happened, just recall hearing about it from various anti-gov't types.

(For those not familiar, Ruby Ridge was a place where a family affiliated with white supremacists hid out in Idaho, and the government tried to use the father to sell sawed off shotguns, then charge him with illegal activity unless he turned over info on the white supremacists who lived near him...bad stuff happened when he wouldn't show up to court)

Basically, the FBI and other organizations screwed that up royally. They were interviewing one of the daughters of the family, and I feel bad for her, she seems to understand both sides, but clearly still traumatized by the whole thing.

Indeed. And a young Timothy McVeigh was there to watch it all unfold. If it weren't for Ruby Ridge, he might never have done his deed.

Watched the final episode of Into the Badlands. Weak. They build up the main characters for their final task, only to have them captured to suffer an unknown fate. It's like they simply wanted to generate interest in a season two. Uh, you have to make a good show for that.

Apparently Season 3 has been greenlit with a higher budget and perhaps more episodes.

Ah, I did not realize there was a season 2 broadcasting right now. I was watching it on Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Brockmire.
    Just started it myself. Great show.

Fuck Lon Horiuchi.

Watched 13 Reasons Why on Netflix. I thought it was an excellent series.

There's some controversy about it for both showing suicide as a revenge tactic, but also for the graphic scene showing a suicide, especially for a show about teens. Whether or not it's marketed at teens though is another question. It certainly didn't seem like it. And i have a hard time seeing how it can be based on a young adult book.

That controversy aside, I thought it had a good story, was told very well, and had good acting.

Not really spoilers, but kinda?
    Spoiler:

However, the ending left me a bit disappointed. Felt kinda like a setup for another season, but I don't think that it's supposed to be. Lot's of unresolved things. Some people like that, I prefer an epilogue. ETA: They are making a season 2.

It was also odd watching a show where you know the fate of the main character the whole time.

Edited the spoiler
    Last edited by Freude am Fahren; May 7th, 2017 at 10:21 AM.