Page 185 of 501 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 5008

Thread: What are you watching?

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    So far Defenders hasn't been terrible (#fanboy)... but at the same time it has NOT been brilliant or anything approaching great.
    Agreed. It doesn't feel like the same universe in some ways. Too many old comic/action tropes.

Edit: *watches next scene* was not expecting this.
    Last edited by Kchrpm; August 20th, 2017 at 02:41 PM.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Wonder Woman officially clocks in $800 million worldwide today. Officially the #1 domestic Superhero Origin Movie as well.

4 days until it opens in Japan...

EDIT: She's holding the line but it's getting weak: $1.4 mil the previous weekend, $1.1 mil this past weekend. We're on Week 12 so two more weeks to go before the Week 14 minimum. Will be interesting (to me) to see if she can go to Week 16 in the theaters.

FYI, if Japan can bring ~$20 mil, Wonder Woman should pass Spider-Man as the #1 Superhero Origin Movie All-Time ($821 mil). That's why I'm counting down the days to Japan.
    Last edited by novicius; August 21st, 2017 at 07:46 AM.

That's a lot of modifiers in there.

Finished The Defenders and really wasn't feeling it.
    White Gold OTOH is a home run.

Preacher is still as good as ever.

Defenders. Meh. I was expecting better.

Quote Originally Posted by speedpimp View Post
    Preacher is still as good as ever.
    Agreed.

So subsequent Dr. Quinn episodes had My Favourite Martian as someone with Alzheimer's, and Willie Nelson as some sort of pacifist bounty hunter or something. (hmm. Actually a "legendary marshal")

In the middle of the night, sometimes I see Buzzr promotions of the 1978 version of Match Game. In one recent episode, Gene Rayburn had just returned from a trip to China and was wearing a dark blue version of the traditional Maoist uniform. (Sans insignia). Quite strange. He apparently actually bought it at "The Friendship Store". I was surprised he actually persisted with it for the whole show; when he first appeared I assumed he'd change back to a normal suit during the first commercial break. At one point Richard Dawson mentioned that it looked like a chauffeur's uniform.

I guess this was when the US government was first trying to normalize (open up) relations with China.

The episode opening is on Youtube, in a non-infringing angle shot of a shot, or something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcgZ1v6BpWQ

Match Game with Gene Rayburn? Wow, what a blast from the past. I remember watching that as a kid after school. They'd change the name of the show every year, like Match Game '77 and then Match Game '78 if I recall correctly.

And I think I might be the only person who, upon hearing someone say, "It was so hot..." or "It was so late..." or "It was so funny...", I want to join the audience and shout, "HOW FUNNY WAS IT?!"

They used that gag often, or at least that's how I remember it.

Next, how about some Hollywood Squares videos with Paul Lynde in the center square?