Page 197 of 501 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207247297 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 5001

Thread: What are you watching?

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Hmm, that Punisher show looks like it might be a little violent at times...
    Not at all. Perfect viewing for the entire family.

Watched the new Spiderman (well, kinda new, I guess). Not bad. I'm not sure I haven't at least enjoyed every one of the MCU films.

Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    Watched the new Spiderman (well, kinda new, I guess). Not bad. I'm not sure I haven't at least enjoyed every one of the MCU films.
    It was a fun one. I like Spider-Man being a bit younger as the last two were older. My favorite MCU gag is
    Spoiler:
    hot Aunt May

Spoiler:
    I was a bit confused if I missed something in an earlier movie because there was no origin story. But it just wasn't there, and I think that was a good thing. Everyone knows what happened, just get on with it

I was thinking a montage to start to movie, but I loved the diary thing showing his point of view of the Civil War stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshInKC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    I binge watched Season 2 of Stranger Things....felt like a great second season and didn't really have any fall off from the first season and I hope we don't have to wait another year for the third season (Duffer Bros. said there will be a total of 4 seasons which seems like a good amount).

Not really a spoiler, but one episode really seemed to be a throw away...

Spoiler:
    ep 7 when eleven goes to Chicago...they could have removed it completely and still had practically no plot holes. I suppose it just feels out of place in a show with only 9 episodes. If this was a regular 12 or more episode season, we'd come to expect some throw-away eps.the other girl, #8 whatever her name was, never even left her gang to help eleven as I thought she might.......but maybe she'll be back in another season. Also, for anyone who ever watched this other show, it felt a bit like "Dark Angel"
    I think the primary utility of that plot thread lies in the structure of the show...
    Spoiler:
    The show runners needed to keep 11 separate from the rest of the characters so that her reappearance in the next-to-last episode would have have greater impact. It would have been dumb to have her just sitting in the cabin in the woods for nearly the whole show, so she needed something to do - because if you've got a character sitting around and doing nothing, the audience is sitting there thinking "Why isn't 11 here? Is she just watching tv?" But, if you've established that she's gone out of town to hang out with a gang from the Warriors, she is narratively very firmly divided from the other characters and "can't" just show up and give all the demodogs aneurysms. Then, when she shows up its a bigger moment.

Further, there's some Joseph Campbell hero's journey reasoning that says she can't get more powerful hanging out watching soap operas and eating tv dinners.

Plus, There's the episode-to-episode dramatic arc - Ep 6 ends with the demodogs climbing up the well shaft so you've got ***BIG DRAMATIC EXCITEMENT POTENTIAL*** The best way to heighten this is to make the audience wait and show them something that they are *ideally* just as interested in and that they've been waiting for - "Where's 11 during all this?" It sort of allows you to kill two birds with one stone.

Finally, I think we can probably assume they've got something lined up for 8 the future seasons, even if it's only dying dramatically to show that there's a big threat out there somewhere.

Anyway, best part was Steve/Dustin team-up and hair care tips.
    Also...
    Spoiler:
    They had to explain where her increased power came from.
    I thought it was fitting.
    I love their use of music in the show. How, all the lyrics relate to what's going on.

I binge watched the second season of Stranger Things yesterday. Episodes 1-7. Now the last two are left, but I can't watch them on TV tonight cause Game 7 of the World Series will be on. So I've downloaded the last two episodes from Netflix onto my phone, (great feature), and I'll watch them in the car this evening, while sipping some coffee, without using data. I'm running really low on data, with four days left until it resets.

Can't wait to see the finale of this fantastic season!

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I think the only MCU movies I haven't seen are the Hulk movie and Thor 2, though I'm planning to go see Ragnarok on Sunday. Should I watch Thor 2 first, for those who have seen Ragnarok?

I love the download feature of Netflix (and YouTube). Great for travel instead of having to rent movies from somewhere. I wonder if Amazon prime has the same feature.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    I think the only MCU movies I haven't seen are the Hulk movie and Thor 2, though I'm planning to go see Ragnarok on Sunday. Should I watch Thor 2 first, for those who have seen Ragnarok?
    I honestly can't say there's a huge amount in Thor 2 that makes it a must see.

But I liked Thor 2 better than the first Thor. You should watch it simply because it's good