Page 213 of 501 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223263313 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 5001

Thread: What are you watching?

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    Well he's working on Dune so that should be amazing.
    No shit? That's awesome. I still need to see Blade Runner and Prisoners.

I think Sicario was one of the more underrated films in recent years. I hope the sequel is good too (not being directed by Denis Villeneuve).

Other directors I think are really great, though some that aren't really doing much now, and one that's gone:

Tony Scott (died a few years ago, though some of his movies can float towards Bay territory. He and Denzel were a great combo) And of course Ridley too (looking forward to seeing All The Money in The World).
    Michael Mann (he kinda ushered in digital movie making, and most of my favorite directors probably are influenced by his style. He's making an Enzo Ferrari biopic right now! And yes, I liked Miami Vice.)
    David Fincher (LOVE his visual style. He's made some of my favorite films, including Seven and Fight Club. I really wish he, Mara, and Craig had continued the english version of Millenium series).
    Danny Boyle (he does so much I like, but some stuff I hate, like the super slow shutter speed crap)
    Alfonso Cuarón (Children of Men is another one of my favorite films. Would love to see more from him)
    Kathryn Bigelow (Can you tell I love gritty realist type movies?)
    Sofia Coppola (guilty pleasure)
    Last edited by Freude am Fahren; January 19th, 2018 at 04:14 PM.

So.... there's this trailer with Dwayne the Rock Johnson in some sort of monster movie where buildings get destroyed and it reminded me of an old game from the 80s
    ... turns out the movie is called Rampage.
    I actually think it'll turn out to be a good guilty pleasure movie

Then there's Ready Player One which looks like it could be terrible, but it's by Steven Spielberg and had a ton of cool character and cars licenced (I know I should be posting the trailers, but I'm on my phone)

I'm looking forward to Ready Player One.

Rampage... Seems like they are only looking to cash in on the name recognition. Looks nothing like the game.

People are already showing up at my DMC forum with RPO names.

I was wondering how you're gonna feel about that.

I mentioned it somewhere before. The BTTF day in 2015 came and went, and over time the association would've faded. Now it's been renewed for the next 30+ years with RPO references. Oh well, doesn't affect me. I liked the book and I'll go see the movie in theaters, will probably take the D.

The book was fantastic! But I'm just not sure how well it will translate into a movie. But I have faith in Spielberg.

Sicario was a really underrated film. But that's just me, I like films in that genre. Stuff like Heat or Tears of the Sun or Zero Dark Thirty. Or even TV shows like Homeland.

Give Shot Caller a look if you like prison movies. Great movie that slipped through the cracks. With a cast including Jaime Lannister and Jon Bernthal you can't go wrong.

Brawl In Cell Block 99 is worth a look if you ever wanted to see Vince Vaughn and Don Johnson in the same movie.

Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    Rampage... Seems like they are only looking to cash in on the name recognition. Looks nothing like the game.
    I'm guessing about 90% of that movies audience will have no idea about that game (I didn't either). So I don't really think they're cashing in on name recognition as much as some genius at a studio remembered playing the game, and since Hollywood is devoid of original ideas, they went all in.