Page 218 of 499 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228268318 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 4989

Thread: What are you watching?

Watched the first two episodes of Everything Sucks. It's very good.

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    I would hazard a guess that a few themes probably didn't hit their mark with you.

'Black Panther' Delivers Fifth Largest Opening of All-Time, Heading Toward $235M+ 4-Day Debut
    Surely you know Novi that success != a good film?! As said above for many across the world it's a cultural phenomenon with many people going to the cinema that wouldn't really do so and multiple re-watches by many who wouldn't go to the cinema once, never mind twice or three times. Sure, I enjoyed it but to my mind it's still not a great film.

MR2 -
    Spoiler:
    That was definitely very Bond-y, but I'm ok with that. It was an efficient way to introduce the info and elements they needed to get across, including showing why there was a second suit ready for Killmonger to wear.

Alan -
    Spoiler:
    I think Carlo was more insinuating that the cultural phenomenon part was due to deeper things that perhaps don't resonate with people that aren't familiar with elements of the culture. There are things said that are heavier and deeper to certain people than others, which makes the story feel more risky and successful because of it. I wouldn't say that means your, or anyone elses, opinion is wrong or coming from a place of ignorance, just that the strongest positive opinions are not just based on simple representation like some might think and have said.

Kch.

::

Re-watching the LotR trilogy for whatever reason and honestly "The Two Towers" such a steaming pile of shit. The utterly unnecessary fanfic re-writes of scenes is easily on par with the worst that "The Hobbit" had to offer.

Oh I absolutely get the popularity. It's one of those 'landmark' moments in blockbuster cinema.

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    Kch.

::

Re-watching the LotR trilogy for whatever reason and honestly "The Two Towers" such a steaming pile of shit. The utterly unnecessary fanfic re-writes of scenes is easily on par with the worst that "The Hobbit" had to offer.
    The thing I find about Return of the King is that I get hyped for the battle sequences, then it cuts to Frodo, Sam and Gollum and feels a bit flat. Then back to the battle to get you excited, then back to Frodo and party and you come down again. In fact I'd go as far to say that most of the scenes with Frodo and Sam and Gollum in them are a bit dreary and dull.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
    The thing I find about Return of the King is that I get hyped for the battle sequences, then it cuts to Frodo, Sam and Gollum and feels a bit flat. Then back to the battle to get you excited, then back to Frodo and party and you come down again. In fact I'd go as far to say that most of the scenes with Frodo and Sam and Gollum in them are a bit dreary and dull.
    Honestly I think Peter Jackson also knew that. During the commentaries, he discussed how to keep the tension up between the movies, as it's difficult to keep filming the 3 on a journey without making it really boring. They added extra things that weren't in the books, such as Frodo turning Sam away.

The Two Towers gets let down by (IMO) the whole Treebeard sequence. It's extremely dull, though I understand it was part of the original books and needed the payoff at the end, it just drags on.

I really enjoy the LOTR commentaries as it shows that a lot of the flaws they knew about and went over, but had to make certain decisions. It's also interesting to me how many times they re-did things, it wasn't all perfect, and it makes me feel much better when I had to re-do things on my own project.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    This is going to lead to some controversy....I stumbled on a youtube video of some guy ranking the 18 MCU movies and I completely disagreed with his list.

So I made my own (Note 3 films I haven't watched yet):

my MCU Ranking

1. Captain America The Winter Soldier
    2. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
    3. Captain America Civil War
    4. Iron Man
    5. Thor Ragnarok
    6. Black Panther
    7. Iron Man 2 (Yes, I really liked this one)
    8. Avengers
    9. Guardians of the Galaxy
    10. Doctor Strange
    11. Ant Man
    12. Captain America The First Avenger
    13. Avengers Age of Ultron
    14. Iron Man 3
    15. Thor

Haven't Watched:

Thor the Dark World
    Incredible Hulk
    Spiderman Homecoming

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    This is going to lead to some controversy....I stumbled on a youtube video of some guy ranking the 18 MCU movies and I completely disagreed with his list.

So I made my own (Note 3 films I haven't watched yet):

my MCU Ranking

1. Captain America The Winter Soldier
    2. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
    3. Captain America Civil War
    4. Iron Man
    5. Thor Ragnarok
    6. Black Panther
    7. Iron Man 2 (Yes, I really liked this one)
    8. Avengers
    9. Guardians of the Galaxy
    10. Doctor Strange
    11. Ant Man
    12. Captain America The First Avenger
    13. Avengers Age of Ultron
    14. Iron Man 3
    15. Thor

Haven't Watched:

Thor the Dark World
    Incredible Hulk
    Spiderman Homecoming
    That’s a fun Friday game.

Here’s my ranking:

1. Avengers
    2. Captain America: Civil War
    3. Iron Man
    4. Captain America
    5. Thor
    6. Captain America: Winter Soldier
    7. Doctor Strange
    8. Guardians of the Galaxy
    9. Iron Man 2
    10. Thor: Ragnarok
    11. Guardians of the Galaxy 2
    12. Avengers: Age of Ultron
    13. Ant Man
    14. Incredible Hulk
    15. Iron Man 3
    16. Spider-man: Homecoming
    17. Thor: Dark World

TBD - Black Panther (I suspect it will be in the top 10).

Finally watched 50 Shades of Grey. It was unbelievably stupid and boring. Don’t understand what the hype was all about.