Page 263 of 501 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265273313363 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 5001

Thread: What are you watching?

Eventually Netflix Originals will be all that’s left.

So from what I was reading about Netflix (unfortunately I can't remember where) they more or less look at subscriber numbers as a litmus test for their content. If they get more sign ups or re-subscribers when a particular show starts or comes back then they class that show as a success and it'll likely get another series. If however there's very few new signups or subscriber numbers even go down then the show isn't worth their effort and gets dropped. it's that reactionary.

They probably break it down even further. They probably can actually see what a subscriber was watching before leaving, or what a new subscriber watches.

And I get that, make sense, I guess I'm just underestimating how many subscribers they have/get new over time. Especially when it comes to movies, I don't see how a single movie can make Netflix hundreds of millions of dollars.

For the curious, I found this article interesting: https://www.businessinsider.com/netf...g-sucks-2018-6

It's granular to the point that if you don't finish watching the first episode of a show it may doom it to not be renewed even if it has a following.

Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    And I get that, make sense, I guess I'm just underestimating how many subscribers they have/get new over time. Especially when it comes to movies, I don't see how a single movie can make Netflix hundreds of millions of dollars.
    I think that part of this is that netflix is probably way overvalued in the market, & they're trying to stay ahead of the curve by putting out bigger and bigger stuff before the (probably inevitable) correction. At a certain point, they're going to run out of potential subscribers and overhead cash, and then they'll have to shift somehow to stay on top of the market cap (likely by increasing subscription costs in exchange for greater perceived value (ie. Bigger, even more expensive-seeming series and movies). Otherwise, they'll crash and have to sell out to someone else who's at a different part of the curve.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Yeah, I was thinking that. They're in kind of a similar situation to Facebook early on. Valued at billions while not really making nay money. Obviously Netflix makes a lot money, but I think they're value is mostly imagined or whatever. Stock market nonsense.

When the start slipping in ads we're out. It's the reason we won't do Hulu.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Annoying, I was watching a youtube promo video featuring the new Audi E-Tron and had Robert Downey Jr. in it. He gave away a bit of a minor spoiler about Avengers 4 (that wasn't in the trailer), so be warned.

Quote Originally Posted by speedpimp View Post
    I have really been enjoying the new season of Patriot.
    I finally got around to starting season 2 the other night. God, that show is weird and good - I can't imagine that many people like/watch it, but I want it to go on for as long as possible.
    The French Gun song alone is worth the price of admission.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    I have a feeling that Mortal Engines might flop....

CALLED IT! lol. $7 million opening weekend, potential to be the worst flop of 2018