Page 276 of 501 FirstFirst ... 176226266274275276277278286326376 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,760 of 5001

Thread: What are you watching?

Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    Went to the movies and saw Cold Pursuit. Wasn’t really that great. Felt like a dark comedy at times rather than an action thriller. Plenty of groans and sighs were heard from the audience throughout.
    Seeing it this morning. Looks like it will be Taken In A Plow Truck.

Finished the first season of Yellowstone on Paramount (was Spike/TNN). Pretty good show. Definitely a bit over dramatic, but still enjoyable, and beautifully made. And like they just do full on nudity on regular cable now?

Quote Originally Posted by speedpimp View Post
    I watched Abducted In Plain Sight last night. Very fucking grim subject matter and what are possibly the stupidest parents ever.
    Saw that last night. The parents were unbelievable!

Quote Originally Posted by JoshInKC View Post
    Just finishing Russian Doll on netflix. It is very good.
    Had read great reviews and was keen to see it...
    Watched the first 3 eps and damn it felt like hard work. Was waiting for it to grab me, but I found most of the people annoying - maybe Im too old and not into urban party scene. I just dont care whats going on and man I never want to see that party scene again.
    So Ive given up - not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    Saw that last night. The parents were unbelievable!
    Understatement of the century, bruv.

relievers.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dicknose View Post
    Had read great reviews and was keen to see it...
    Watched the first 3 eps and damn it felt like hard work. Was waiting for it to grab me, but I found most of the people annoying - maybe Im too old and not into urban party scene. I just dont care whats going on and man I never want to see that party scene again.
    So Ive given up - not for me.
    I get it. I found pretty much everybody at the party (with the exception of Natasha Lyonne and the lesbian with the short grey hair) to be really irritating. I was onboard from the beginning, just from NL's performance, but I can totally see why it might not connect with others. It is real weird after all.
    -Formerly Stabulator

I also find it odd that she is a programmer but doesnt fall into my spectrum of people I know who program. Not that I have a monopoly over how programmers should be... but she seems so distant from any programmer Ive met.

And while Im happy to watch shows where I dont feel like Id fit in or I can even relate to them, this one just seems to grate that little bit more. I guess its partially the amazing reviews... do reviewers relate to that scene far more than me (probably!) but it feels like such an alien word and I cant connect to any of the people.
    Maybe I should give one more ep a try (and add some alcohol...)

Finally watched Moneyball yesterday after many years of it sitting in 'My List'. Thought it was thoroughly fantastic from start to finish.

Later in the evening I watched Await Further Instructions, which I thought was meh. Don't know why the critics have rated it so high. Hated the racial undertone and the daughter especially was annoying as fuck. The actor who played Walder Frey from GoT was in it, he was pretty good. Other than that, shit movie.

I always think saying this makes me sound like a much more important person than I am, but I just don't have time to sit and watch TV without doing anything else at the same time.

So there I was last night after supper in the basement with an hour or so before it was time to get the kids to bed. I was cleaning up some stuff in the basement, trying to get rid of clutter, putting old things in the pile to give away, and that sort of stuff.

Typically I turn the TV on in such situations, not to sit down and give it my full attention, but just to have something else going on while I'm down there. We don't have a cable box in the basement at this time - just a digital antenna and a wifi connection. Broadcast TV was a crappy as usual, so I flipped on Netflix just for something to keep me company. Star Trek, maybe.

I found Tidying Up with Marie Kondo. My wife bought her book a few years back, I've read it myself, and I was actually tidying up right then. Perfect, I thought.

Nope. What a complete waste of time! I watch the first ten to fifteen minutes and saw NO tidying up at all. It was all about a young couple with two kids and a cluttered house. Hey, that sounds familiar (except for the young couple part).

Granted, I didn't see the entire episode, and maybe - just maybe - I'll pick up again where I left off last night, but what I saw of the show was about the couple, not the cleaning! We got a tour of their house and then all kinds of "how do you FEEL about this clutter" interviews with the couple. They guy talked about how he was tired from working all the time, and the lady talked about how she didn't like to do laundry, and so forth. On and on. Yack, yack, yack. Bellyache, bellyache, bellyache. NO TIDYING UP.

Come on. That is crap.

What I want to see is a cluttered house, then the cleanup process and the reasons why things were gotten rid of or organized in certain ways, and then a couple quick shots of the cleaned-up house. Done. On to the next one. I don't need to see the people who live there, much less hear about their feelings on the subject.

If I wanted to watch a soap opera, I'd turn on Days Of Our Lives or General Hospital, not Netflix.

Sheesh. Next time I'll watch cheesy old TV shows on the broadcast channel. Columbo never fails to entertain, especially the older ones. And CHiPs is still fun, in a cheesy and nostalgic way. Just the other night I saw an episode of CHiPs with Bruce Jenner guest-starring as one of the motorcycle officers along with Ponch and Jon. Now that's quality TV.

You did better than me. I made it about 15 seconds into the preview and then went onto the next thing. Ended up watching Bull Durham since neither Ash nor I had ever seen it all the way through.