Page 3 of 499 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you watching?

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    I've known about Firefly for quite some time.
    Probably a stupid question, but you do know they made a movie - Serenity.

Watched House of Lies, Shameless and True Detective premiers this week.

My DVR is scheduled to record (and has too many episodes waiting for me of) newer stuff like Brooklyn Nine Nine, Almost Human, @Midnight, Trust Me I'm A Game Show Host, The Pete Holmes Show, and long time favorites like Conan, The Simpsons, Family Guy, Mythbusters and NCIS.

There are also some shows that it records but I usually just ignore/delete because I'm too far behind in the storylines and don't feel like catching up: The Mentalist, Hawaii Five-O, Psych.
    Get that weak shit off my track

My regular ones are The Walking Dead (now on a break), Game of Thrones (now on a break) and Bron/Broen (the original danish The Bridge, third season is coming in Autumn 2014).
    Also I do watch The Big Bang Theory (but just for the romantic innuendos, I can't stand Sheldon Cooper and I actually think it is a shitty and racist series to a certain kind of people. Plus, I don't like to watch sit-coms usually), Suits (no sure why, I got hooked) and Comic Book Men (but that's a show more than anything).

I've been watching Almost Human - going to stop at the end of season one: there are some nice moments, but it really feels like old fashioned cop double action and comedy stuff, like something from the 80s in a bad way - and Marvel's Agents of Shield - more because of wanting to see where they want to go with it, but from abysmal it has gone to almost bearable, so going to stop that at the end of season one, too.
    I've tried to watch The Newsroom but it really did disappointed me. Same as with Arrow, Alphas, The Tomorrow People and Revolution (feels like Fallout 3 without the postapocalyptic push and with Aaron Spelling atmosphere).
    Sherlock is not badly done but no interest in watching it further.

I will get to Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Black Mirror and the original danish The Killing series as I've time to wait since they are all finished series and BDs could be available when I will be finally able to afford them.
    Surely gonna get to watch House of Cards and considering The Returned french series too.

If we count also animation, well, I'll have to catch up with Tron Uprising, but nothing else non-japanese really catches my interest.

How did I forget Archer? Archer.

I am aware of Serenity, the Firefly movie. A friend claimed that it comes after the TV series. Therefore, I am waiting to watch it until I have finished the whole season.

Anybody watching Homeland? I thought the first two seasons were great...only watched the the first two episodes of the third season. Thought it was kinda boring...but I heard it got better. I'm waiting for it to be released on Blu-ray. (No spoilers please )

Other than that I got through Breaking Bad a few months ago. Top-notch show.

I also regularly watch Ancient Aliens. It's interesting. I PVR every show and watch at my leisure, but delete 9/10 of them cause they're repeats.

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    I am aware of Serenity, the Firefly movie. A friend claimed that it comes after the TV series. Therefore, I am waiting to watch it until I have finished the whole season.
    Your friend is correct.

They skipped to the end of the planned series and made it a movie, wrapping things up for the fans and making a pretty good movie in the process. It's too bad that they couldn't have been allowed to do it as a full series as originally planned.

Finally watched the pilot for Agents of Shield. It's not streaming free anywhere, so I paid the $3 on Google Play (I got a bunch of Play gift cards from the people who I used to get iTunes gift cards for Christmas).

After that one episode, I just went ahead and paid for the whole season. What a cool show. Hopefully it keeps up the momentum, but just some of the things they've done so far have been smart and funny enough for me to trust and want to keep up.

I've been re-watching S7 Curb Your Enthusiasm, and I watched a bit of Metropolis (1927) last night, but I got tired about 30 minutes in.

The mediator between the hands and the mind is the heart!