Page 304 of 503 FirstFirst ... 204254294302303304305306314354404 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,040 of 5026

Thread: What are you watching?

On episode 6 of the new Stranger Things. A few nitpicking things. The Burger King, 7-11 and New Coke tie-ins are fucking annoying. Most annoying of all is that the cars with Indiana plates have both front and rear plates, Indiana has rear plates only.

They do that all the time with Florida too.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    District 9. Good film, but I found it also disturbing and sad.
    That was a really great movie

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    I know this is a few months outdated but....I'm starting to change my mind about Captain Marvel...not that it's a bad movie...I just think Brie Larson wasn't the best choice. She doesn't sell her character very well and she's also very strange in her interviews.

I didn't want to follow the bashing by man-children about her comments. It isn't about that, she just has other issues, as explained pretty well in this, IMO, quite fair video.

So basically this is a guide how to look and sound like an hypocritical always-smiling goody two-shoes american type? The type we foreigners find annoying, fake for the sake of pleasing everyone and unbearable? Good to know.
    She's top in that scene with Hemsworth and Cheadle: stick for yourself and point out. You go girl.

Also... in the movies she's one of the strongest superheroes in the galaxy: she was perfect, smirking and being aware of her awesomeness, flaunting it around. I mean, she's bloody Captain Marvel!
    That's a superhero... not a self deprecating moron like Peter Parker.

EDIT: Also this comment on YouTube really explains part of it
    "None of this is based on actual science or insight into universal human traits. On the contrary, it's highly culturally specific, and I don't just mean mainstream American rather than French or British.

It's riddled with assumptions about class, sex, race, social status... When it comes down to it, if other people are making negative judgements about you on the basis of how superficially "likeable" you are, rather than how you behave and treat them in the long run, then these are superficial people who are probably not worth knowing.

Don Cheadle has on several occasions said in very clear terms that these trouble-stirring rumours are just silly speculation. I would add that it's also a good example of certain people/outlets deciding in advance that a film or actor does not deserve success and then priming the public to dislike it or them. You'd do better to ask yourselves who made this decision and why, rather than just following the herd."

I only disagree with the highly culturally specific part, this is such american social behaviour mumbo jumbo it makes us europeans cringe hard.
    Last edited by Blerpa; July 6th, 2019 at 01:01 AM.

Dude bros who are angered by Brie Larson's outspoken nature are grabbing at the tiniest of things to "prove" any negative thing they can think of about her. I ignore all of it, but it gets tons of hits so it will continue.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Videos like that, and their popularity, make me realize the Internet was a mistake.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Watched Spiderman: Far from Home...better than I expected it was going to be....one of the better MCU movies IMO.

Also binge watched Stranger Things 3- really enjoyed this season, better than season 2.

Very sluggish start for me with Stranger Things 3. Only 2 1/2 episodes in. Hasn’t captured me yet like the previous seasons. Hope to get through it by the end of the week.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    Very sluggish start for me with Stranger Things 3. Only 2 1/2 episodes in. Hasn’t captured me yet like the previous seasons. Hope to get through it by the end of the week.
    It gets better toward the end

Watched it...loved it.

I was 13 in ‘84 so this movie speaks to me. In fact, the more shameful ads the better because it all takes me back to my youth.