Page 310 of 501 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311312320360410 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,100 of 5001

Thread: What are you watching?

In terms of on screen persona, it's not even close, K.I.T.T. would win in a landslide. He could go into Super Pursuit Mode an trounce the two of them.

In terms of real life, amazingly enough the van might be the fastest. The early 80's T/A's are absolute dogs. Like 150HP. The motorcycle should be quicker but they aren't speed demons either. They had 90HP but remember they had a bunch of stuff strapped to them. I agree it should beat the T/A.
    The A-Team van can technically have a bunch of HP since it is a custom ride. Plus suspension mods etc.

While I agree, I think the CHiPS bike should be the winner, the A-team van coming in first wouldn't surprise me.

As far as the Duke boys, can't show that on TV anymore, it's racist. And there are a host of other iconic TV cars that come before KITT. Hello Striped Tomato, General Lee, Magnum's 308 and Rockford's Firebird.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_SS View Post
    In terms of on screen persona, it's not even close, K.I.T.T. would win in a landslide. He could go into Super Pursuit Mode an trounce the two of them.
    Hmm. I watched that show some back then but the only details I remember are the haughty car chiding Michael for this and that, sort of like a nagging wife. Or at least that's how I remember it now.

Hardcastle & McCormick was more my style.

Coyote!

K.I.T.T. Stands for Knight Industries Two Thousand. While it did have an AI system that talked to Michael and could self drive the car. It also had a mode that made it crazy fast. Aka Super Pursuit Mode.

And that was only the first edition of K.I.T.T. Which was destroyed when it went up against Michael’s evil brother and his Big Rig version of KITT, named CARR. They then rebuilt K.I.T.T. and he became more powerful and Super Pursuit Mode became even more rediculous. He would transform and have all these crazy wings come out etc and was possible of like 300 mph.

The Coyote from Hardcastle & McCormick was a kitted Delorean.

I am watching daily/weekly live-action, high-stakes police and political drama! Entirely (well, most likely I guess) locally produced and directed.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_SS View Post
    Coyote!

K.I.T.T. Stands for Knight Industries Two Thousand. While it did have an AI system that talked to Michael and could self drive the car. It also had a mode that made it crazy fast. Aka Super Pursuit Mode.

And that was only the first edition of K.I.T.T. Which was destroyed when it went up against Michael’s evil brother and his Big Rig version of KITT, named CARR. They then rebuilt K.I.T.T. and he became more powerful and Super Pursuit Mode became even more rediculous. He would transform and have all these crazy wings come out etc and was possible of like 300 mph.
    K.I.T.T.'s death was traumatic. Not as traumatic as the death of Optimus Prime in Transformers: The Movie, but still bad.
    Last edited by Yw-slayer; August 6th, 2019 at 05:25 AM.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Dude, I don't know what kind of monsters Marvel Studios has created with Avengers Endgame.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    The Coyote from Hardcastle & McCormick was a kitted Delorean.

At first I was like "There is no fuckin way that is true!" And I was partially right.

"Most of the cars made for the show were molded and assembled by either Mike Fennel or Unique Movie Cars. Like many kit cars of the time, the car uses a chassis from a Volkswagen Beetle and its engine from a Porsche 914. For the second and third seasons, producers used a different Coyote which was based on a DMC DeLorean, as Brian Keith had difficulty getting in and out of the original Coyote."

The only version I remember is the McLaren Kit car version. TBH, the DMC based version is fugly and looks all wrong.

Yeah, I figured you'd dig into it and see the technicality. I stand by my statement. It ran for three season and for the majority, two seasons, it was a DMC.

Not that we're proud of it. It is fugly and they had a really hard time keeping them running during and after the show. The only really notable thing is that they made an open top gullwing for some reason. The way I found out about it was searching for "gullwing sunroof" one day on a whim.

That is just a mobile "do not want" from me

Watched the Spider Verse thing. Only made it halfway through before I turned it off. It just didn’t do anything for me.

Finished The Boys...fucking amazing.