Page 318 of 501 FirstFirst ... 218268308316317318319320328368418 ... LastLast
Results 3,171 to 3,180 of 5001

Thread: What are you watching?

Damn Robert Forster passed away just yesterday. He was in El Camino. It was weird watching him in it, and then literally 20 minutes later finding out that he died. Brain cancer.

Yeah, Forster was great - Not just in Jackie Brown and Breaking Bad, but also in the stone-cold classic Medium Cool.

and also the Black Hole
    -Formerly Stabulator

Lori cancelled Netflix and Hulu last year, but we still have Amazon Prime. That said, we're chomping at the bit for the new season of Jack Ryan. That Krasinski is just so hunky.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    The Joe Rogan podcast with the Navy commander who was involved in the Nimitz UAP. It's really funny, the former pilot is such a nerd (in a good way) and the conspiranoid salesman is such a dork (not in a good way), good entertainment. Highly recommend.
    acket.

Just watched the Watchmen series premiere on HBO. Wow!

Mindhunter: Netflix series about the origin of the FBI's Serial Crime Unit. It is really fricken good and most of it was shot here in Pittsburgh and Western PA. Multiple thumbs up.

I'm only up to S1 E7, so don't spoil it for me if you have seen beyond me.
    Last edited by Phil_SS; October 21st, 2019 at 05:45 AM.

Mindhunter has been fantastic.

I’m finally hitting the final season of Star Trek Voyager... also going to re-watch the TNG movies before Picard launches this winter.

Also been re-watching all the MCU movies, one or two a week, on 4K HDR... some are better conversions than others. Avengers was a fantastic conversion. First Avenger doesn’t really benefit too much, though, due to the limited color range it’s intentionally shot/finished in.

I also watched Watchmen. I am not a Watchmen purist...I didn’t read the comic and I barely remember any of the movie. I thought it was good but I’m hoping for more sci-fi to be introduced.

I hear most of the purists absolutely hated it though. Critics rotten tomatoes is like 98% whereas fan score is in the 50% range with all the hardcore fans being quite pissed off about the direction of the series in comparison to the original comic book intent....which I did not read.

Watched Fractured with Sam Worthington. A very decent thriller. I don’t really understand the mediocre rating given to it by critics. Maybe because it’s similar to other films, but I thought it was brilliantly acted and the story well executed. Watch the trailer and decide for yourself if it’s too familiar. I enjoyed it.

So I think I just shit myself as I discovered a fantasy book series I read is already in production at Amazon as a series.

The Eye of the World Series by Robert Jordan was so fucking good....I’m giddy with excitement right now to be honest.