Page 344 of 501 FirstFirst ... 244294334342343344345346354394444 ... LastLast
Results 3,431 to 3,440 of 5001

Thread: What are you watching?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Any other ideas?
    Xanadu but with Bird scooters.

An Evening With Beverly Luff Linn is one hell of a bizarre movie. It's got one hell of a cast and revels in its oddness. It's on Netflix.

Just watched the Fanatic. Great acting by John Travolta, even though the movie itself was a pile of rubbish.

So what you're saying is that it is what you'd expect from the lead singer of Limp Bizkit, me bruv?

Saw Fred Durst’s name in the opening credits, bruv. Didn’t think it was the same guy.

Anyway, I watched the three part series Dracula, on Netflix. Quite good. Claes Bang knocked the role out of the park.

Sometimes I leave my DVR on the wrong channel, and it records things I don't usually watch.

One time that way it recorded the first few minutes of Touched by an Angel, Season 7 Episode 17 (March 11, 2001).

A detailed plot summary is at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touche...gel_(season_7)

It concerns reforming the "alcoholic womanizing" star of a weekly television show about an angel who solves problems, partly by magical (supernatural) skills.

From just the beginning of the episode, and the plot summary, the show episode came across as a fairly harsh sendup of Michael Landon and his Highway to Heaven--which show is somewhat watchable, perhaps as Speedpimp said, because of the interaction between Michael Landon and his co-star, playing an ex-police officer.

No reference actually acknowledges any specific sendup, and the hypothetical show depicted within Touched by an Angel ("The Avenging Angel") does not have a lot of detailed parallels with the actual Highway to Heaven. Since Landon had died of pancreatic cancer in 1991 at only 54 years of age, an actual specific satire would have been somewhat bad taste.

As I never watched either series in first run, I had assumed they were concurrent competitors, but actually Touched by an Angel did not start until 1994, a few years after Highway to Heaven had finished in 1989, with the particular episode actually almost ten years after Landon's death.
    Last edited by SportWagon; July 1st, 2020 at 05:50 PM.

Administrator
    It probably doesn't help that I always called that show "Touched by an Uncle"

Eww.

Finally got around to watching X-Men: Dark Phoenix. I didn’t love it...not at all. It seriously sucked. The only silver lining was that it was better than X-Men: The Last Stand.

The thing that bugged me the most was the utter lack of chemistry between Scott and Jean. Something that has been prevalent throughout the X-movie franchise since 2000. Supporting characters were largely wasted in this film as well.

So that closes out the Fox X-universe. Overall grade for the franchise is 7/10, in my opinion.

Marvel Studios, it’s your turn.

I'm rewatching Community. Because good is just good.