Page 356 of 501 FirstFirst ... 256306346354355356357358366406456 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,560 of 5001

Thread: What are you watching?

Yeah, that one was a trainwreck - People say that those marvel movies are "Made in the editing room," and it's very clear they didn't have any idea what the movie was on when they started filming Dark World. I still can't work my head around as to why they hired Chris Eccleston for what turned out to be both minimal screen time and a performance absolutely covered in prosthetics.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I haven't watched any DCEU movies before....I started with Aquaman just because it seemed the most interesting. Ehh....visuals were great, but the plot was very plain and script was pretty basic as well.

It was definitely missing a few elements and it seemed to drag on a bit. I enjoyed Jason Momoa though and Amber Heard can go to hell (wait that may have been due to recent events)

Watching Jean Claude Van Johnson. So hilarious. I’m halfway through the series, it’s very easy to watch as the episodes are less than 30 minutes in length. It’s interesting how Van Damme gets more critical recognition for this kind of comedic reality work instead of the action roles of his prime that made him famous.

I went and revisited his feud with Steven Seagal and surprisingly it’s still ongoing. The two haven’t buried the hatchet yet. JCVD has made the effort but Seagal is such a dickhead, even to this day. Takes potshots at Van Damme every chance he gets. What sad overweight man.

My wife and I mowed right through The Queen's Gambit. We both thought it was excellent and it is worth the watch just for the cinematography and the fashion.

Administrator
    We're five episodes in. Agreed, it's quite good.

Watched Best of the Best 2 last night on YouTube. Full movie was available. I hadn’t seen this movie in probably 25 years. It was a nice trip down memory lane. Good kick ass action. But objectively speaking, storytelling wise, the movie was pretty shitty. Still have to watch the first one, it’s sitting in my list on Netflix.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_SS View Post
    My wife and I mowed right through The Queen's Gambit. We both thought it was excellent and it is worth the watch just for the cinematography and the fashion.
    Yes.

Then we went ahead and watched a couple of episodes from The Alienist S01.

I know that TQsG used a lot of cgi, but still, the set decor and the costume department must have been quite a hefty bill. There's a scene in The Alienist where the protagonists go to the Opera, it makes any of the TQsG bars and hotels look amateur in comparison.
    acket.

Ash and I are watching Dickensian. Really enjoying it.

I'm watching Marvel 616, a series of documentaries on Disney+.

The first is Japanese Spider-Man, which I didn't realize I had come before a lot of the big superhero robot media that it looks so much like.

The second is a look at influential women writers and artists in comics history.

I don't watch a ton of documentaries, and these are anything but hard-hitting so far, but I am enjoying them.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    just got through 3 (of 4) seasons of The Man in the High Castle, going through the rest very soon. I wasn't aware it was based on a Philip K. Dick novel, but that intrigued me, so I began to watch it. IMO it's very good, but dark, and I mean that in a physical brightness way...it's annoying, almost have to watch it in the dark to make out everything going on.

I will say that it's a political drama with a sci-fi element that's nearly completely in the background the whole time. It's the least sci-fi, sci-fi I've ever seen