Page 372 of 500 FirstFirst ... 272322362370371372373374382422472 ... LastLast
Results 3,711 to 3,720 of 5000

Thread: What are you watching?

Quote Originally Posted by JoshInKC View Post
    RE: Falcon and Winter Soldier
    1st episode spoilers
    Spoiler:

I'm a little worried about the potential for Flag Smasher being the ultimate bad guy of the show. He only kind of works as a comics villain, and I fear the transition to live action could easily lead the show further down the inherently-semi-fascist-nationalistic-superhero-saves-the-day path. Which is something the MCU has managed to pretty artfully underplay and relatively avoid so far. Plus, those (apparently bad) dudes being coded as antifa isn't a great look.
    But maybe they've got a really good plan for all this.
    Spoiler:
    I had never heard of this guy before. Had to Google him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    Spoiler:
    The big bad is being signaled in the promotions as being Zemo from Winter Soldier, who has already shown the ability to concoct huge complicated plans to get people fighting against each other, so I wouldn't take anything this early on anywhere near face value
    I saw those promos and somehow completely forgot that.
    Spoiler:
    And I do love Zemo, especially if they're giving him his ski mask. I DEMAND A THUNDERBOLTS MOVIE/TV SHOW!
    -Formerly Stabulator

Zach Snyder's Justice League
    Spoiler:
    was absolute trash.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Drive To Survive 3

I dunno, the few episodes i've seen felt too slow. And the "overdubbed" race commentary detracts from it.

I like how they included Jeannie for a more inclusive narratorial team, but I'd liked a crazier female journo instead.
    A friend who has shown zero interest in racing over the past decade or so I've known her asked me today how to best watch F1 and plans to subscribe to their streaming package.

It's apparently an effective marketing vehicle.

Snyder cut...better than the trash it replaced. But still mostly trash. 4hrs? Jeezus. I found myself fast forwarding through some of the really trudgy bits. Seemed like he went overboard with the “director’s cut” artistic privileges.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    A friend who has shown zero interest in racing over the past decade or so I've known her asked me today how to best watch F1 and plans to subscribe to their streaming package.

It's apparently an effective marketing vehicle.
    Similarly a friend of mine has said he wants to go a race with me this year, anything other than NASCAR, because he enjoys the show.
    Get that weak shit off my track

The snyder cut was more markedly coherent than the old version of the movie, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a bad idea from the beginning. It needed the full 4 hours if it was going to be coherent because it was terribly conceived - "Let's jump straight into the Avengers, and skip the movies that introduce all these characters and give us reasons to care about them." Also, it was just kind of exhausting because Snyder has no idea how to metaphorically vary the volume of his pictures - movies need small, personal, and quiet moments so that the big loud action stuff has impact. He's addicted to trying to make every frame of the movie some giant epic thing.
    Finally, how many times did we hear "Motherbox"? They did a horrible job of dealing with those - trying to make them important by repeating a ridiculous word over and over again.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Some positive bits...I liked seeing the Green Lanterns...I used to read those in the 80's/90's and I found the Reynolds Lantern movie entertaining.

I like WW. Although the way they introduced her "falling with style" flying routine in WW84 was stupid. Because she would likely have used that tactic in the post 1984 timeline movies. Honestly she may as well fly like the Hulk flies at that point.

Superman being in these movies is hard to deal with cinematically. It's akin to Captain Marvel showing up at the end of Avengers. If they had shown up at the beginning there would be nothing for the little people to do. I guess they can't be everywhere at once so it gives the weak heroes a way to showcase their meager talents on the weak enemies. Like Hawkeye or Romanoff etc in Marvel.

I can see a more grand film idea coming where Superman can't leave our solar system to fight these cosmic beings because he would just be a regular dude. So he is limited to staying in the neighborhood or hoods with only yellow suns.

Not sure I could have stomached an entire origin movie of Cyborg. Flash is fun...but Marvel does it soo much better with Quicksilver (the Xmen version obviously). That version of a speedster is the best portrayal of that I have ever seen. So interesting to watch.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    So I just watched the movies leading up to Justice League as I had never watched the other DCEU movies before and just watched the 4 hour slog of Justice League last night. Zack Snyder really doesn't like humor does he?

The Flash was the only levity in the movie and it wasn't enough. Agree that you can't really do origin stories for a bunch of characters in one movie, it just becomes too bloated. It also seemed like a bunch of missed potential...like they would set up one thing and then just not follow-through with it later.

I do love the apocalyptic future shown in BvS and this movie though, would love to see a whole movie with all of that in it.

If Falcon & The Winter Soldier is 10% as good as Wandavision was then it will still be pretty damned good.