Page 387 of 499 FirstFirst ... 287337377385386387388389397437487 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,870 of 4989

Thread: What are you watching?

It's one of those shows that will get a bit of an underground following, she's a slow burner.

Loki 6

Spoiler:
    sandy: Happy now?
    Get that weak shit off my track

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    It's one of those shows that will get a bit of an underground following, she's a slow burner.
    I really hope so. It's just such a marked difference from the promotion WWDITS got out here. Billboards everywhere, ads on the sides of trains and buses, it was all over the place. I haven't seen a single ad about Wellington Paranormal, including in the email I just got from HBO Max about what's new on it this week. I have seen a bunch of positive reviews in entertainment publications, so at least there's that.

Watched Loki 6. Glad to see another season planned. I wasn’t blown away by the last episode but I do understand it’s a setup for future endeavors.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    as I expected, there's a setup for up to 3 or even more future Marvel movies with the Loki series

Just started Breaking Bad. Had no idea the first season's quality was really bad. It comes off as a pratfall slapstick comedy. I'm told that every season it improves. Pretty interesting, compared to something like The Sopranos whose pilot was launched completely polished.

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    Loki 6

Spoiler:
    sandy: Happy now?
    Spoiler:
    Overall yeah. The ending was sort of confusing, like a giant mind-fuck. Kang definitely looked to be in Immortus garb here, which is another of his aliases. I know this because I’m a comicbook nerd.

Glad there’ll be a second season to sort of unfuck our minds. I also wonder how this will tie into the Doctor Strange movie.

Post-Thanos MCU looks to be very exciting!

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Loki

Spoiler:
    The upcoming release schedule might shed a lot of light on things...if season 2 is coming before or after some of the upcoming movies, it seems they're all going to be tied together

Junior Potato
    I finished Loki as well and was entirely satisfied with the series. It’s the first time I’d ever watched a show and genuinely thought that it was longer than it actually was. Going through the previous episodes in the menu on Disney+ I was thinking, so *this* happened in episode 4, and… wait, what? Episode 2?!?!?

There was so much stuff packed into every episode that 6 actually felt like 12.

I really loved Owen Wilson in the show. He’s a loveable guy anyway but this role was perfect for him. Wow! And the two female lead characters Sylvie and Ravonna threatened to steal every scene they were in.

Plus a lot of really cool callbacks to not just the MCU, but to the wider Marvel Comics universe and some real life urban myths. Game of Polybius, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Just started Breaking Bad. Had no idea the first season's quality was really bad. It comes off as a pratfall slapstick comedy. I'm told that every season it improves. Pretty interesting, compared to something like The Sopranos whose pilot was launched completely polished.
    If you haven't watched it before, definitely stick with it.

I ignored a lot of people who told me that I should watch it, for far too long. Then I saw it, and kicked myself a lot for not doing so while it was a current show.