Page 392 of 499 FirstFirst ... 292342382390391392393394402442492 ... LastLast
Results 3,911 to 3,920 of 4989

Thread: What are you watching?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    It didn’t help that I had just watched Captain America yesterday with my 12yr old daughter (I am running her through the MCU movies in release order). So many lines word for word from the movie just seemed like weak writing.
    That's usually the point of these alternate universe things, that a lot of things are similar because the characters and situations are similar, just one thing changed, and we're watching the butterfly effect of it.

And an iron man suit in 1942? Come on man…he couldn’t get a car to levitate for 5 secs at the science expo in the movie.
    Did Stark have the Tesseract in the movie? It's been a long time since I've seen it, so I don't remember. Because I think having a source near limitless power the size of a rubix cube would change what you're able to pull off.
    Get that weak shit off my track

I thought of that too. But in the movie he distinctly says they are way ahead of the allies in technology. The red skull was merely harnessing the energy for his evil weapons. The tesseract didn’t invent things for them. So stark shouldn’t have had the knowledge to know what to do with it.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    What if that didn't apply to that particular universe?
    acket.

Well the split happened when she got the shot instead Rogers.

Junior Potato
    The first ep of What If…? was really freaking good! And a bit emotional at the end.

But I haven’t just watched Captain America, only having really vague memories of it.

I’m down for more.

Watched Val today. Quite a good look into Val Kilmer’s story. Lots of great home video stuff from backstage.

Episode 3 of Reservation Dogs came out. This and Ted Lasso are my two favorite shows right now. Just great stuff.

Watched Free Guy on Friday and Respect on Saturday. Both excellent movies that delivered on what they were trying to do. Free Guy was full of laughs and enough heart to get the message across, and Respect had fantastic music and tells a quite compelling if embellished story of Aretha's life (and I'm not expert on her history, just looked up some stuff online later).
    Get that weak shit off my track

New What If is much better. Loved it. Lots of new writing and content.

Junior Potato
    What If ep 2:

Spoiler:
    I think I spotted one, or maybe even a pair of TIE Fighters in The Collector's hangar during the end credits!