Page 4 of 499 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you watching?

Finished episode 14 of Firefly and now I'm sad because there's no more episodes.

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar
    I know. Right?

Watched Lone Survivor this weekend. Good flick. Tough to watch in a couple of spots. Very realistic as far as background, settings, and other window dressing. I was in Afghanistan when this went down and it took me back.

I enjoyed it as well. Good to hear about its realism from a actual member of the forces

I've been seeing previews for Klondike on History while watching Velocity (my new favorite channel by the way). Stars Richard Madden (Robb Stark) taking on the Yukon in the late 1800s gold rush. Starts in a half hour, gonna try to catch it.
    Last edited by Freude am Fahren; January 20th, 2014 at 04:32 PM.

Wanna Fight?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Finished episode 14 of Firefly and now I'm sad because there's no more episodes.
    If that makes you sad, you're really not going to enjoy Serenity.

Sleepy, snowy January afternoon here so I'm just poking through my Amazon movie wish list and remembered two car movies that I'd love to see again on DVD or Blu-Ray:

King of the Mountain (1981)
    I was *way* too young to really understand this flick when it came out and it wasn't made for children so I can't even begin to place the year I saw it. '84? '85 on HBO while the parents were away? A pre-L.A. Law Harry Hamlin, Grizzly Adams, a too-drunk-for-Hollywood Dennis Hopper? How could this flick be bad? The final frames haunt my uncomprehending adolescent dreams.

Catch Me If You Can (1989)
    I remember watching this a few times in a row as a VHS rental during my sophmore year in high school. The Twin Cities run, 20 miles in 20 minutes, "Fast Freddie"'s '57 Chevy hid away under the school's football field for years. Fun flick, soundtrack by Tangerine Dream and directed by a young popcorn action flick auteur Stephen Sommers.

Got to the end of Series 3 of Sons of Anarchy and I feeling a bit meh. Did not enjoy the episodes in Ireland at all. Going to park that for a bit. Just started a re-watch of Prison Break. The first series alone is superb TV and I've not seen it in many many years.

Wanna Fight?
    Season 3 of SoA is by far the worst. The S3 finale was great, but it had an awful lot to make up for. It picks up hard in Season 4 though.

Been watching Community, which is nearly back on form now that Dan Harmon is back in charge.