Page 449 of 500 FirstFirst ... 349399439447448449450451459499 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,490 of 5000

Thread: What are you watching?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_SS
    The Bear

Really great story drama about the restaurant business.
    This looks good. Have to have a Hulu subscription though, right? Too bad. I'll see it someday, maybe. Never thought I'd be nostalgic about the restaurant business but it still interests me.
    Last edited by George; September 6th, 2022 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Forgot the underscore, and we can't have that.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    Same, more for curiosity than anything...it's fine so far.
    Only seen ep1, its ok. Nothing grabbing me. I can see they are trying to make some characters likeable, but none are grabbing me.
    I know its a tough comparison but I can't get over how great GoT ep1 was, lots of characters but you got a great sense of the show, had characters that you liked (who didn't love Arya from ep1), heck they even got you to like a character and try to kill them off (out of the tall tower!)

This opening ep felt ho hum. Ill give it a couple more, but contrasting ice with green grass isn't enough.

Omg the latest WWDITS episode had me rolling.

They are at the bar talking about the failed acts they have tried to increase attendance since the Baby Colin Robinson got big.

Nadja mentions a improvisational comedy troupe that came through.

Troupe…”ok give us a scenario…”

Vampire crowd yelling…”suck each other’s dicks!”

Troupe…shocked look on their faces

Nadja…”vampires don’t do improvisation”

Troupe…”we were thinking more of giving us a location”

Vampire crowd…”suck each other’s dicks in outer space!”

Comedy gold. You really need to watch it to appreciate it

Finally watched Thor: Love and Thunder. I loved it. I was initially turned off by the trailers because I thought it would be nothing but comedy throughout, but that’s not the case. It was a good mixture of everything including heart.

This is one of the better movies of Phase 4, IMO.

Spoiler:
    The inclusion of Zeus was great, and I’m especially looking forward to a future Thor vs Hercules showdown. I know from the comics that Herc is destined to join the Avengers. It’ll be great.

I also loved the inclusion of Eternity, the abstract cosmic demigod. Only true cosmic fanboys like myself really know who he is. I hope we see more of him, (as well as Infinity), in the next Guardians movie, as in the comics he’s heavily associated with Adam Warlock, and that next movie should be centered around him.
    Last edited by sandydandy; September 12th, 2022 at 07:29 AM. Reason: I meant phase 4 not 5

I also enjoyed it.

A lot of people shit on Morbius and Moonfall but I was pleasantly entertained by both. I am the dregs of humanity.

I watched the first episode of Better Call Saul last night on a whim after seeing it on Netflix. Not bad.

I haven't seen much Breaking Bad but it doesn't look like I need to know that show to enjoy this one.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    I am the dregs of humanity.
    One of us, one of us...
    Get that weak shit off my track

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    SportWagon, that was subtle. I wish I had picked up on it. Despite living in NC for a long time, where some folks are obsessed with The Andy Griffith Show as some of us are with Star Trek, I never became all that interested in it and missed the hint you dropped.
    The retro channel showing of Andy Griffith went back to the very first 1960 season. B&W, of course.

Andy's accent was stronger, and he had a tendency to get as involved in silliness as everyone else. Almost like having Goober for Sheriff.

But in the episode yesterday, #13, "Mayberry Goes Hollywood", Andy seemed to be evolving into his "voice of reason" role. The day before I saw the only episode where Floyd the Barber was played by Walter Baldwin instead of Howard McNear.

My Three Sons is in its first season too, also 1960. The humour is at times almost dark, with lots of conflict between the main characters, as opposed to later when some main character would have an adventure largely outside the family circle. And a Chevrolet Corvair drives behind the closing credits.
    Last edited by SportWagon; September 17th, 2022 at 01:24 PM.

Watched End of the Road with Queen Latifah and Ludacris. Hands down the worst movie I’ve seen this year. Started out good enough, but got worse as it went on. Almost to the point of insulting. Some of the scenes were just downright preposterous. I’d recommend skipping this one.

Quote Originally Posted by SportWagon View Post
    The retro channel showing of Andy Griffith went back to the very first 1960 season. B&W, of course.

Andy's accent was stronger, and he had a tendency to get as involved in silliness as everyone else. Almost like having Goober for Sheriff.
    Ever heard this story? Andy's accent is very strong as he plays the country bumpkin describing something he's never seen before. It's funny and well worth the time to listen, IMO. He sounds like some of my wife's extended family in North Carolina with words like "raft" and "tote" and "I don't know what-all."

I saw this years ago on Turner Classic Movies. It's Andy acting like a simple country boy to the public but he has a darker side when he's not on stage.

Trivia: The southern rock band Drive-By Truckers have a song called "Made Up English Oceans" that contains the line "like gunless sheriffs caught on lonesome roads and lived to tell it." We all know Andy Griffith was a sheriff who didn't carry a gun. His character in A Face In The Crowd is called Lonesome Rhodes.

Coincidence? Maybe.

The day before I saw the only episode where Floyd the Barber was played by Walter Baldwin instead of Howard McNear.
    More trivia: Howard McNear played Doc Adams on the radio version of Gunsmoke from 1952 to 1961. All the surviving episodes (hundreds of them) are available for free at www.archive.org.