Page 5 of 500 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you watching?

i was told that Serenity happened DURING the Firefly series though i couldn't ever work out how. makes far more sense for it to have been at the end of the series.

i did watch Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters. better than i thought it would be and an interesting version of the normal fairy tale you hear. plus Gemma Arterton is pretty hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    If that makes you sad, you're really not going to enjoy Serenity.
    "I am a leaf on the wind; watch how I soar."

Wife and I have been watching the new HBO show True Detective. Only on the third episode but so far it's really great. Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey are turning in some great work.

Also, it's super dark, I would not watch while depressed.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Watched 'Olympus Has Fallen' last night...pretty good movie. Especially Morgan Freeman's dialog..."I don't want to hear another word out of you unless I ask you a question!"

Wanna Fight?
    That was entertaining but the slow motion falling flag shot and retarded one man revenge war was a bit much.

Here in southern Ontario we finally get Mythbusters season opener this evening, then repeated about 4 times during the week!

Most evenings I watch old episodes of The Waltons on a religious channel. Sort of out of habit from recording something during that time slot.

Eventually realized The Waltons is to the Depression as M*A*S*H (TV series) is to The Korean War.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    That was entertaining but the slow motion falling flag shot and retarded one man revenge war was a bit much.
    True. Unless he was dressed up as King Leonidas. Maybe they should've named the movie 'Sparta Has Fallen'.

Olympus has Fallen was pretty much a Die Hard movie.

i'm waiting for its pretty boy comedic counterpart White House Down to hit Netflix so i can watch it as well.

also, if you're looking for a kind of cheesy Escape from LA/NY in space movie then try Lockout.

Quote Originally Posted by Drachen596 View Post
    i'm waiting for its pretty boy comedic counterpart White House Down to hit Netflix so i can watch it as well.
    I'm hesitant to watch that, seeing how it's a Roland Emmerich film. Most of his stuff is execrable crap, (with the exception of Stargate and Day After Tomorrow). His disaster films are too over-the-top cheesy, with too much humour - see ID4 and 2012.

oh i'm sure it wont be some amazing masterpiece but i want to see it since it had a direct competitor movie with nearly the same story.